Not A Bug, But...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nekk, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Nekk Augur

I know this is not a bug, but are there any plans to change type 3s so that we can better share our offslots with our persona's?
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd love to see an end to the type 3s for multiple reasons.
    Evurkvest, daBlubb, Dre. and 5 others like this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

I would just like to stop buying perfected potions to move my type 3s around in a new expansion because items have 3 diff levels so that is possible 2 diff moves. Just make a new distiller.
    Sprooce likes this.
  4. Windance Augur

I totally agree.

Type 3 augs are a hassle and the effects should just be baked into the spells to begin with.
    Dre., Jack and Fenthen like this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

The only needed change for type 3 augs is to get rid of them entirely.
    daBlubb, Dre., Silvena and 1 other person like this.
  6. fransisco Augur

At a minimum, can we have augment distillers for them? This isn't even about saving money. Its just a HUGE PITA to have to go buy a new one every time you upgrade a peice of gear
    Jack, Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

With a potential 5 times for each type 3 aug you choose to use.
    1. expansion release, putting in old raid gear
    2. new expansion t1 raid gear
    3. new expansion t2 raid gear
    4. next expansion t1 raid gear
    5. next expansion t2 raid gear
    The amount of times I had to go back to the Maiden's Eye tunnels was absurd. On my bard I'm still doing it for older insults. Even Yelinak's is still valid to use which is in ToV.
    Clerics for their remedy lines and other classes as well. It's more annoying than it is plat-sink.
    Yinla, daBlubb and fransisco like this.
  8. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Non-removable type 3 augs were put in place to try to reduce the amount of plat on the server by requiring plat to put the same aug in new gear.

This does create sort of an issue for personas now and it is a little buggy but the type 3 augs will automatically get removed when you swap personas allow you to have 2 pieces of the same gear on 2 different personas and auto swapping the type 3 aug for each of them without having to manually do it. (It is kinda buggy based on what I have seen but I have not directly see it bug for me outside of forgetting to save an updated persona set before swapping)

I have not tested it but I think you can probably exploit this persona gear set to allow you to remove a type 3 aug and change it without paying.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

You'd still have to buy a perfect distiller once; unless whenever you get new gear you first equip it on a 'decoy' persona that will strip it off whenever you switch to it maybe.

Will a persona swap remove an aug from an item without a replacement aug? or does it not try to remove it?
  10. daBlubb Elder

If we realy need a plat sink and dont get it done via AAs, we could get another Tab in inventory for spell/disc upgrades.
    Buy a 3% DD increaser and put it in the new tab (similar like familiars and horses)
    All your DDs, no matter what class (persona) get x% more DD damage from spells.
    Same with dots, heals, etc.
    "This DD increaser works for spells up to level 120", buy a new one next level up.
  11. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Yea that is the trick that would work is have 1 persona set saved with no augs before you put the aug in. Then you save the set with the aug input on your main toon. That means anytime you want to remove the aug you just switch to the persona and it gets removed then you put the aug into the new piece of gear and save the set to your main set. This allows you to switch augs for free as many times as you want as long as your persona set has it saved without the aug.

I am not sure if you want to do this cause it is kinda an exploit but until they say you can't. =/
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

If they really wanted a plat sink, they could ditch Type 3s, and make the 'DD % Increaser' 'Heal % Increaser' Tribute options.
  13. Brickhaus Augur

Who uses plat for tribute?

Still have houses (plural) full of tribute gear waiting for donation.

Personal vote for just removing type 3s all together.
    Yinla, Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.