NoS trade-skill visible armor component drop rate needs reviewed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xellen, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

You are correct; I had only bought NoS for the account with it to cure away the whirls, but I must have looted a rot as my log shows it being looted from the nearby named 'Mace'.
  2. Xellen Lorekeeper

Update, I will ignore missions.

79 bosses, 6 drops, 2 were duplicates. 6/79 = 7.5%
    alanus likes this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

At this rate it looks like T2 armor is gonna be the New Normal for groupers. Ive seen 2 visibles drop since expansion went live and they have both been pants.

I have seen 2 of the type 18 ones drop too and everyone said they are so rare.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

A few nights ago, a guildmate and I were camping a named mob for Hunter (not saying where, not saying which one). It popped 6 times in the span about about an hour and 20 min, and dropped 3 "ores" of T3 visible armor...head, arms, legs. It dropped one on the first pop, so we just decided to try and get it again to see what else might drop.

And I've seen 3 of the type 18 aug "ores" drop as well.

The RNG is a cruel mistress.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

Certainly wasn't Drinil. I cannot get that thing to spawn.
  6. Nesalie Lorekeeper

I don't know why the powers that be thought they could turn back time on a system that was implemented that changed the entire nature of how you gear in the game. You gave us this system for 4 years, at this point 17% of the games entire lifespan and if we start with Seeds of Destruction, almost 25% of the lifespan of standardized armor tiering.

If you do not want the original ore system, then you need to turn it all the way back to people crafting Cultural gear, adding raid drops that upgrade it to T1 and having dropped molds and items be top tier.

Or is there some other motive behind a certain dev's obsession with forcing tradeskills down our throats? Or are we still not supposed to mention or talk about that?
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Nope...different zone. :)
  8. Xellen Lorekeeper

Description has the information if you don't want to watch.