NoS -> ToL

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Nov 16, 2022.

1. blood & gufts Augur

Should the last 2 expansions have come in reverse order?

I have a hard time seeing the zones in NoS as end zones. As they are more or less newbie zones in SoL
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Emperor Ssraeshza is highly unimpressed with your lack of story-driven immersion. We need to help out the gorangas, come on! Some evil crackhead akhevans are trying to destroy everything!
  3. Riou EQResource

No?
    ToL was freeing mayong from luclin who is doing evil stuff (sacrificing vah shir to build an army of shades or something)
    NoS is a continuation with luclin trying to kill all vah shir off the moon (except 1 that she favors)
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

I'm not seeing a downside here.
    Vumad, Silvena, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Indeed. Can we just let Luclin win this one?
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

To respond to the topic itself, which zones are high or low level is more about the flow of the narrative than a definitive reflection of the lore. Look to how the NPCs talk to judge that more. The zones are higher level because of what is happening in them.

Though they both take place on Luclin, other than the events in ToL emboldening the Akheva the storylines aren't directly connected. It's not like ToV -> CoV where it's the same continuing plotline. But (some of) the events in NoS would not make sense before the events of ToL.

That's not really accurate, unless you're just trying not to spoil more specifics.

Do these boards really lack a spoiler tag? I never noticed that before, or I'd say more.
  7. The real Sandaormo Augur

This is how rumors get started, there are those that say EQ has a story behind all the killing.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

All lore aside, is there a reason that the geographical location of power can't shift? The new expansions are not a relaunch of the old story. They are new stories. Cities fall. Powers shift. Resources change. So forth.
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Exactly. 60 years ago, Detroit was the richest city in the US, per capita.