NoS - Shar Vahl Quest items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Neclub, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Neclub New Member

Would it be possible to put all the quest items that drop on simular systems where they only drop when you have the quest.

The majority of these are not pre-lootable in the first place. After you have all the quests done its is just a mess of corpses waiting to despawn.

Items:
    Primitive Grimling Blade
    Caustic Scorpion Venom
    Large Scorpion Tail
    Fresh Rhinobeetle Eye
    Xakra Steak
    Rockhopper Steaks
    Nennius, aozs, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree. Quest items should only drop if someone in the group has the task. It makes no sense to always have the items drop, especially when you can't pre-loot.

However, you can hide the corpses.

I have two hotkeys, one for when I'm using adv loot, and one for when I'm not. The first line just hides everything so I'm starting with a blank slate, and the second line is for whichever loot method I'm using:

/hidecorpse all
    /hidecorpse listed

and

/hidecorpse all
    /hidecorpse looted

(I'm not in game, so the syntax may not be correct, but you get the idea)
  3. Neclub New Member

Would hide corpse really be the permeant answer here?
    Fenthen and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

I use /hidecorpse alwaysnpc
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

1. This is not a bug and should not be posted under "Bug Reports".
    2. This is a request, and should go in The Veterans' Lounge
    Why should it not go here but in The Veterans' Lounge? Because there are thousands of open EQ bugs and adding more "non-bugs" to the list just wastes the time of the people in charge of fixing bugs. Karana knows they need to focus on actual bugs and get them fixed.

Next, I'm going to guess that having to check that everyone in the group or raid does or does not have the quest causes server lag. The last thing we want is more lag. Every time a mob is killed, it would have to check every single player involved in the kill to see if they have the quest before deciding whether or not to have the items on the mob.

Yes, I would love for the items to only drop when needed. But I prefer to not have my EQ lagging, Karana knows it lags enough as it is.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Raccoo likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you're leaving stuff on the corpses and it's causing a problem (lag, accidental looting, whatever) then yeah, you probably need to be hiding the corpses.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as it's not a kill and loot quest, I like having the items all the time, especially if the mobs the items drop from are limited. Makes it easy if someone else is doing the quest, they can just loot off my rotting corpses and not interfere in my exp/AA session.
    Tallie likes this.
  8. Neclub New Member

Request/Bug/Oversight.

Label it how you will. I do not feal this is how it should be based on Partisan and Mercenary in the past 4 expansions.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

This was poor programming by the dev who designed these quests, and is not the standard based on most other zone quests out there. I believe Umbral Plains has this problem with the tegi essences also, so I assume it was the same dev.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

any item that only exists for one quest that is in the modern quest window shouldn't be an item, just a counter in the quest window.
    Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.