Noqufiel

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ishtass, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ishtass Augur

Was working on Hero's Journey and was finished with the BiC questline except for the Noqufiel piece. Got pretty stuck on the cursecaller event, so didn't even make it to Noq's part, but those DT mobs plus the chain root/snare make it pretty difficult.

Does anyone have any ideas to win this event with a few peeps? I tried FD but they somehow proc'd DT while I was FD. I can't leave people just out of the room to get emoted, because they reset if OOR. I can't kite because I don't have enough people to stay alive on the cursecallers to keep the root/snare off the kiters. I think we tried to highsun the DT mobs away but not sure if we got the spell off in time or it just didn't work (seemed promising though).

Any ideas greatly appreciated. I didn't want to run out a few groups of friends just to wipe them on old content for something silly like this. Thanks.
  2. Ishtass Augur

Current idea is to run out 6 high dps people to burn all 6 down at once before DT mobs engage. Which works but I still have to bother a lot of people. I'm also not sure how well that would play out in Noq's encounter because I believe he constantly resets between true/fake forms and I don't know how fast I could burn him before DT mobs got us.
  3. Falos Augur

My friend and I duo'd the event (and i'll clarify my duo as: they played 1 character, and i boxed 5 lol) But yeah as far as I know the only real way to treat the event is to full on burn, We actually had to do the event 3 times for BiC pieces and we were able to mostly trivailize it by hitting burn abilities right before it goes active and just steamrolling through the mobs... Even with this approach though we've had at least one of my boxes die every single run.

Edit: our setup was mage/mage/bard/ranger/shaman, enchanter
    And before anyone says it lol, no you don't need the preincarnation thing to beat this, my shaman never even proc'd a death save on any of the runs.

Our setup is a pretty high dps setup though, especially for situations like this so we did have an advantage in that regard.
    Ishtass likes this.
  4. Falos Augur

The fight after cursecallers that has the boss changing forms between true and fake is extremely easy, the final event of inktuta is possibly soloable because the death touch mobs that spawn have low hp and are killable (you can kill them within like 2 seconds before they even DT) and the boss himself isnt particularly threatening.
    Ishtass likes this.
  5. Ishtass Augur

Thanks for the quick response Falos. I have a question regarding Noq's fight. It was my understanding that the DT mobs from that event are the same as the cursecaller event in regards to their hp. Is killing them not a viable strategy during the cursecaller event? I was a little afraid of trying to kill them since they seem to proc DT almost immediately, so even if I killed them I wasn't sure if they'd beat me to the punch.
  6. SpamFactory Augur

I did this recently by myself boxing 6 toons.

I kept 5 of them at the zone in and burned down the cursecallers with a mage in full burn mode. pet was completely useless due to being perma rooted by cursecallers (i imagine melee dps would have the same problem from the root).

you basically need to get lucky and hope the character you are burning with doesnt get a DT mob on them right away. you'll have a 5/6 chance of each DT mob that spawns aggroing someone at the zone in. when that happens, the DT mob will just stand in place completely harmless since they are too far away to maintain agro on the zone in folks (i.e. they end up not chasing anyone and just standing there).

it's actually very easy if you do it this way.
    Ishtass and Falos like this.
  7. Falos Augur

Fantastic method, I should have done this instead of idling a few of my characters outside the chamber to the event and letting them die! Reminds me of the old way guilds used to trivialize the beltron raid encounter lol.
    Ishtass likes this.
  8. Falos Augur

The only real difference is I believe they are not killable / attackable in the cursecaller event yet are killable in the final event. Being melee dps it might be possible the final event deathtouch mobs could potentially DT you before you kill them I suppose but their HP is very low. To give you an idea I believe an enchanter nuke critting can kill them in one hit.
    Ishtass likes this.
  9. Ishtass Augur

I do appreciate the help, but I'm not sure what we did wrong in trying this method. We had 2 monks (myself and friend) burning in the room, and 6 more alts sitting afk at top of stairs. The DT mobs always came straight for us. We were able to get 2 of the cursecallers down before they turned on us, but wasn't even close to getting 6. It seems like we need either a melee dps at each mob burning, or a few casters to take them out while rooted from afar.
  10. SpamFactory Augur

top of the stairs is no good since DT mobs will still run there. plant the AFKers right at zone in and the DT mobs won't bother trying to run that far.

and use caster DPS since that root is going to slow down your melee dps significantly. even with my method you still need to be quick to burn down the 6 cursecallers since its just a matter of time until a DT mob spawns on the person in the room.
    Ishtass likes this.
  11. SpamFactory Augur

also another method is a high DPS necro with embalmers carapace since that will eat DTs up to 1 million damage. I personally haven't tried this method but a friend of mine has.
    Ishtass likes this.
  12. Caudyr Augur

IIRC they could be killed, but when they were they instantly respawned and then changed targets...making it not such a good idea to do this, heh.

I could be wrong, though...it's been years since I did this event.
    Ishtass likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizzys could kill them, which prevented them from speeding up and catching their targets.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I like how the exploit of leaving toons at entrance to bug out the DT adds is totally acceptable to discuss on these forums.
    Axxius likes this.
  15. Tearsin Rain Augur

i like how a 10 year old event has a quirky and amusing method for being able to one group it that the community figured out.

i personally find cheesing a very old event in order to make beatable to a lower number of people to be less grievous than making a very old event that can't be beaten by a lower number of people in the first place.
  16. Tiensx Journeyman

I just did this event about a week and a half ago. We won it with my War/Bard (and wiz sitting at top of ramp since he was still lower level at the time), a 90ish pally, a lower monk, and a 100/10k wiz.

Our first attempt, the wiz was one-shotting the DT mobs after burning down the 3 named on his side, which caused the event to reset. We reengaged, burned down 3 named, then he one-shot some more of the DT mobs, and the event reset again.

If you do decide to go headfirst against this, don't have your heavy DPS touch the DT mobs. Focus only on the cursecallers themselves. You'll likely get quite a few DT's, but it's just an arms race event. When we won on the second event, only the war and wiz were left standing. Ranged DPS is definitely the way to go. Trying to avoid the root/snares is terrible in this event.

However, on the final event (actual Noq fight), you can kill the cursebearers with ease without it affecting the script at all.

The 5+ at zone-line strat is actually pretty awesome, and I may employ it if I ever need to go back to finish off BIC again for someone. I'll load in as many boxes as I can fit into the zone-line. :p
  17. Falos Augur

Given the age of the event and that it doesnt really give some kind of gamebreaking award or exp and is merely a gatekeeper event that can screw over a lot of people from finishing hero's journey i'd say this is one example of a gray area 'tactic' that is more in the realm of convenience and less in the realm of abusing the game.

I personally didn't use the tactic but I would not fault someone for using it, I think it really makes the event more achievable to people that wish to complete the hero's journey stuff without boxing or dragging out a bunch of people to content that most people will not want to assist in. and i'm normally someone that wouldnt really approve of cheesing something in this fashion, but I think the circumstances around it kind of make it a necessary evil and not all that bad compared to so many other things people do in eq.
  18. Ishtass Augur

It's ok to discuss because it doesn't work.
  19. SpamFactory Augur

feel free to ban me
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Oh it certainly works. There is a trick to it though. The mobs get assigned to the first 4 players in zone. So zone in your killer last and it should work NP.

Inku'ta was 10x worse before they changed the stonemites. Getting 16 toons in zone sucked way more.

My comment was mainly meant in jest after two Preincarnation threads got locked for exploit discussion.