Noob Mage in learning. Rotation question. (Phin)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Trizek Augur

So now that I am 65 I figured I should try to further my knowledge on bettering my playstyle as a Magician. Curious what are you other Magicians using for nukes/when? Assuming the mob in question is not Fire Resistant I use, Seeking Flame of Seukor (Until DBG adds in Flamebolt of Tallon, HelloPls?!) I don't have Sun Vortex yet so not sure if it takes priority over Sekuor. And Black Steel if the mob is fire resistant or about to die.

One thing I am wondering is should I be using Wraith of the Elements too? its not a hard hitting nuke, but does apply a dot and is relatively cheap. Curious if any of you more seasoned Magicians are using this on both group and raid mobs?

I am still learning the ropes of playing a Mage, so any and all help is greatly appreciated if you can throw any tips my way you think would assist me in my journeys.
  2. Senji Journeyman

I don't use wrath of the elements or its lower level version (they stack) anymore personally. It takes up spell casting time which lowers dps.

Right now, until Firebolt of Tallon comes out I use the following rotation assuming fire and magic land:
    Maelstrom of Thunder -> Sun Storm -> Seeking Flame

I have not parsed it out yet but with a 35% fire damage foci I think it will be best to just chain Firebolt of Tallon.

I recommend sticking with Firebolt if you are specialized in evocation and skipping Sun Vortex (conjuration spell).
  3. Trizek Augur

Oh wow never thought of using the Rain type spells on Single Target, tried it out now and its pretty damn nice when i land crits. Deffin going to add them in when only 1 mob in camp. Another reason why I posted here to find more stuff out lol, thanks!
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Rain is my go-to spell for wiz and mage both in groups (assuming you don't have mezzed mobs nearby).