Nonfunctional Overseer Improvement Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zleski, Jan 28, 2023.

1. zleski Augur

Hi folks,

I have what I hope is a simple, nonfunctional /overseer improvement request:

Please make "Iconic" a trait so we can filter our iconic uncommon agents in the "Agents" tab. A side effect would (should) be that when selecting an agent for a quest (such as conversion!) we can hover over their portrait in the "Quests" tab and see if they are iconic.

Why? Duplicate iconic agents are a priority to convert for me since in duplicate they offer no benefit; duplicate non-iconic agents can go on multiple quests at once.

That's it. That's the request.
    Andarriel, Yinla, Celephane and 7 others like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think I can help with this one. When hovering over a non-iconic agent, they only have a skill level in one "job" category, while iconic agents have a skill level in two "job" categories.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The OP's request is to eliminate the need for doing exactly that. Further you cannot always hover over a character and see there jobs, it is not uncommon for the tooltip not to show up for whatever reason.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, I realize that.

There's a difference between wanting a change that may or may not come, and a work-around that's possible now.

And I have see the occasional tooltip issue. Not sure how often that happens, since I rarely ever check that info. I just load the agents and zip on by. Now, I just hit auto-fill :)
  5. Bernel Augur

A simple way to implement this is to have the uncommon agent tile look different depending on whether it's iconic or not. Perhaps the border color could be different (light vs. dark green), a star could be on the iconic, or something like that. That way you could visually tell them apart when doing conversions.

If it was done through the dropdowns, a good place for it would be in the Rarities dropdown. It could have these choices: Uncommon (all uncommons), Uncommon - Regular (the non-iconic uncommons), and Uncommon - Iconic (just the iconic uncommons).

But I'm not sure it really matters all that much in the long run. Yes, it's true that some uncommons can be useful as dups, but it doesn't seem to be worth the effort to me to manage which can be dups or not. The only time I really cared about the iconic/regular uncommons was when I was building up Overseer. Then I cared about what I used for conversions. But pretty soon I had more agents than I knew what to do with. Now I just keep 1 of each uncommon rather than worrying about which are iconic or not.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

What you propose is not a work around.

The tooltip issue happens regularly for me. at least 40% of time time.