Non AA grant reward.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BrokenAgain, Feb 12, 2014.

1. BrokenAgain New Member

Did they ever say whether or not they would be granting a reward to those who farmed the AA legitimately?

I did a little bit of searching, but the thread is simply too long. I saw where a dev said they'd consider the idea, but that was all.
  2. Xirtket Augur

Lets hope not. Just because you went through something someone else doesn't have to go through, does not mean you should be rewarded for it!
  3. moogs Augur

Legitimately is a strong word. The AA grant is soon to be a legitimate part of the game and players who accept this grant are fully playing by the rules of the game as the developers intend.

I did it "legitimately" too but I'm not expecting a Gold Star for it. I got to play for years and years and experience things that will likely never, ever happen again in-game. Are the /veteran rewards not enough? We will get nothing and like it.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Paying some yutz a bunch of Krono to PL your level 1 to 100 and Max AAs is totes legit, and deserving of an awesome award for doing things properly.
  5. Kezlek Journeyman

"Just because you went through something someone else doesn't have to go through, does not mean you should be rewarded for it!"

This is your theory? You apply this to all aspects of your life? Guess all military get purple hearts. Going through/doing something not everyone has to is EXACTLY what you should get rewarded for. Otherwise I want those beta rewards I missed out on.
    Velric, Draego, Dexar and 1 other person like this.
  6. EQTrixy Elder

They way I look at it is like this...

You went to the movie theaters and payed for a movie. You sat there and enjoyed it.

Now a few years have past and that movie is on TV for free to anyone.

Should you get your money back or something else in return for going to the theaters and paying when the movie was new just because it's on TV now for free?
  7. tarquinn21 Elder

Don't argue with logic. It doesn't work here.
  8. Gnub Journeyman

I wouldn't qualify that as logic as applied to this. AAs are still relevant and earning them is still a viable part of the game experience. They will continue to that up to patch day when 4k of them will suddenly have no value. If you can't see how that could be a bummer to the players that invested thier time in them, well congrats, you could be an SOE EQ developer.
    Velric, Draego, Dexar and 1 other person like this.
  9. tarquinn21 Elder

I am one of those players that invested his time in doing it "the hard way".

However I am also a grownup and understand the value that this grant offers to 95% of everyone else in the game that isn't a disgruntled "15 year vet". Every single time a new thing comes out there is a line of people waiting for their entitlement to something else and it has really gotten tired after all the years.
  10. Nolrog Augur

I want a refund for that movie I saw on TV for free. Now that you mention it, I want a refund on my TV because it's cheaper now than when I bought it 3 or 4 years ago.
    Ardin, Elricvonclief, moogs and 2 others like this.
  11. Dandin Augur

I think a title would be in order.

"The Hardcore"
    "The Dedicated"

Something along those lines
    Connundrum likes this.
  12. Potawatomi Augur

I hope they do not give out titles such as those. Just seems to denigrate someone else because they haven't sunk in as much time as some of us.
    Sinestra likes this.
  13. Chikkin Augur

Sure, give them a title. It's an accomplishment for those people. The recognition may matter to them, but it does nothing to change the game for anybody who does not qualify.
    Velric, Draego and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  14. Chikkin Augur

The counter argument would be "well you have to not care that we get a title that you don't, just like you're expecting us to not care that you're getting handed 5k AA and we werent."

If I had a choice between a title or 5k AA for free, I wouldn't have to think about it very long.
  15. Dandin Augur

I worked hard to become a master of my class, and sunk countless hours into gaining AAs, as well as researching and experimenting with different combinations and styles to grant me a variety of different situational outcomes.

I think that deserves some merit!
    Velric likes this.
  16. Potawatomi Augur

I just disagree that we who got the AA need an extra pat on our back or title to make us stand out.
    Gyurika Godofwar, moogs and Sinestra like this.
  17. Potawatomi Augur

Not to be rude but I have no idea what that counter argument is supposed to be.
    Sinestra likes this.
  18. Dandin Augur

I think it's required. We already have issues with PLed toons acting like they know their respective class.

This will show who has earned their merit. And those who have not.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Potawatomi Augur

Those that were PL'd could still get this title though.
    Gyurika Godofwar, moogs and Sinestra like this.
  20. Enkel Augur

Heh, I like that. But I think most people that are upset at it look at it in this manner: I went to the movies expecting that it will eventually be free to view on the tv down the line. I went in knowing this full well. I didn't spend 100's, maybe 1000's, of hours earning money to watch that movie, I spent one hour of my time earning that money.

People like to receive some form of recognition for what they have achieved in game, we all like special titles (more server first titles please!). Getting 4k AA doesn't take that long in comparison to the past (grinding during PoP anyone?), so they feel it is just making the game easier. But, honestly, the people that benefit most from this is our alts that we have all neglected! Like, seriously, a lot of us that post on these boards are raiders, we have max AA. It's my neglected alts that are looking forward to this patch. Every time you complain about AA auto-grant an alt sheds a tear, do you want all alts crying!? Do you!!!?

Remember, if you hate this idea don't accept auto-grant. But when you claim those AA, like I know you will, on your alt, remember that you didn't earn it the "hard way" and that it actually isn't that bad at all. You'll probably grow to like not grinding all those AA again.