No XP back from rez at 110

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by isabot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Thraine Augur

well that was the plan, i ended up dinging 110 the next morning instead on the 13th, then i dinged 110 again on the 13th, again on the 13th, and then once again on the 14th .. you'll have be a bit more specific tho, i assume you meant the 1st time i dinged 110?
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's actually more like dropping your car off on Wednesday, then finding out on Wednesday that they found the problem and the parts will be there the next day. And then also being informed that after they install the parts they will need to test it to be sure it worked. Then when you get your car on Tuesday everything is good. Maybe it wasn't done as fast as you had hoped, but your expectations were never in line with reality, and reality always wins.

I don't even really care at this point to argue about it, but you keep inflating the impact and that seems disingenuous. Although I'm guessing it's just coincidental and makes it feel more important to say it that way. If you hit 110 the day after release then chances are that you earn exp at a rate that is great enough for even several deaths to be a speed bump. You are probably already maxed in 110 and working on AAs at this point. How much did you really lose? Do you even feel the effects of that loss now, only a few days after the fix?
  3. Jetslam Augur

Sure, if what was broken was your radio. And the garage still let you pick your car up and drive around when you wanted for the entire week with everything working except your radio. That's what it's like.
  4. Thraine Augur

you guys are funny :)

i am still glad all you guys didn't get it, it was crappy.
    Niskin likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"I set a goal of hitting 109 on day 1 before raids, and had that attained within 3ish hours of server up. Yes, there were 110s on day 1. If you were prepared for it, the grind wasn't difficult."

So, then, making up some XP from deaths, while annoying, couldn't have taken all that long, right?
  6. Horyuken Augur

[IMG]
    This poor horse, let it be!
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You guys are insanely daft or you're a bunch of trolls.

Here's why this thread even has any replies at all. DBG chose to give potions of adventure 3 to players that petitioned before the patch. For some reason, their XP loss mattered then. In comes the patch and sorry, you're XP loss no longer matters then because the bug is fixed now. So what about the third of a level I lost and can never get back?

The thing to do here, if you hit 110 before the patch and lost your level multiple times just give us the potion. In no way is this an unfair ask - especially given the fact that DBG gave out the potions to other players effected by this bug. Do the right thing. Give me my potion.
    Warpeace likes this.
  8. Horyuken Augur

If I where DBG I would say "On December 25th we're going to be giving a 50% exp bonus to make up for a bug that was fixed in an emergency update earlier this week."
  9. Thrillho Augur

Oh, a misunderstanding. The purpose of my post was to say that 110 on day 1 was possible, since you had questioned someone about being 110 on the 12th. I didn't hit 110 until last night, since I heard about the bug and didn't want to put myself through that BS.

And just because someone hits 110 on day 1 doesn't mean they've found a fountain of unending experience. Quite the opposite - most of these people probably saved up glyphs of experience, collectibles, and rewards, which are all one-time-use. You still need to do a grind at some point.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Indeed, i find it hard to understand.

Now, not to be mistaken:
    I am happy enough not to have been hit by this bug and i feel for everyone who was - i would've been extremely put off as well.

But i do not get the "can't work on AA" part, and even less so the "you were disadvantaged".
    I know what would've done had i been hit by this bug - and it's not much different from what i am doing now:
    There is that "+" button in your AA-window that you can hit 10 times so all XP you get is put towards AAs.
    So nothing stops you from doing AAs but your own free choice to level into 110 first.
    Had i been hit by this bug, i'd have sulked and raged for a bit and then resolved to level back to 109.99 before doing 100% AAXP.
    Get all for 106-109 and when those are done, save up 220AAs and kill one mob to level into 110 and spend them.
    Then i'd have XP'd on and gotten more AAs - eating any death-related loss - until i once again had 220 banked...

Ok, so i'd still have lost some XP to this bug, but very much mitigated any "disadvantage".
    Which is why i call that quoted part simply .
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I find that the "grind" part, when it comes to levels and AAs, is very much neglectable.
    I am well into 109 with almost maxed AAs for the level already - and i can add up the AAs needed to be maxed again already too.
    I see me being "done" in JAN even if i slack some over the holidays.

So i dare to say there IS no "grind" involved - unless you choose to rush it.
    buffers aside, from a tanking perspective i see no reason why i'd "have to" rush it though.
    It'll be mid-FEB with our raid schedule before we're going to see T2 anyways any by then even the most slack (e.g. me ;) ) will have caught up.
    If i'd rush it, i fear the only thing i'd achieve is that i too would be joining the ranks of the "summer slackers" because like last year i'll have "nothing to gain" - only for even longer this year than the last.

Even as it is i am wondering why they're offering anything longer than 6month-subs anyways, when 3 are almost enough to "experience everything" - artificially lengthened only by the number of seals/repeated kills you need and the lockouts (which we aren't racing either).
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This requires a "dislike" button...
  13. Thraine Augur

"The patch on the 19th addressed the issue and characters should be receiving the correct xp for resurrections going forward.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-december-19-2017.245996/#post-3611003

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused."

heres what they told me, apparently my issue has been addressed ... yet i still cant forget about those 10 rezzes worth of exp i lost. Well least some people got their potions i guess.
  14. Warpeace Augur

You post says you really don't understand so ill leave it at that.
  15. Duhbeast Augur

The bar for complaints on EQ forums everyone...

[IMG]
  16. Warpeace Augur

It was a rather crapy reply if others were given an XP pot as compensation.
  17. Thraine Augur

i couldn't agree more
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the clarification. That's an aspect of the game I was not aware of. I assumed XP rate after XP bug would be the same as the XP rate leveling up to 110.