No wonder I can not do my epic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tail, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Tail New Member

No wonder I can not do my epic. The parts sell for a collective 20 krono. When did EQ become a pay to win?

You guys farming plat to buy krono that you buy gear with...don't think you are not part of the problem because you are not spending "real money".... you are the problem. You are paying up years worth of playtime for people that monopolize spawns.

It is sick what this game has become and sad that this is the unsustainable profit trail that verant/sony/daybreak is chasing.

Krono has wrecked TLP for the majority of your players. In game items now sell for out of game currency. FIX IT PLEASE.

It used to be you could pay 14.95 a month and be as good as any player in game. It needs to get back to that.
  2. vardune Augur

the bottle necks can and need to be fixed and instanced on the NEW traditional time locked progression server. This would be one more awesome update to the new server instance all the bottle necks for epic and remove the krono selling for simple items that should be easy to obtain and/or need guild instancing to complete. in the long run DGBs will make more money on TLP server then they do on the NEW expansions.
  3. Jaime Lannister Augur

Time and knowledge are the enemy, not krono.

Doesn't take a super computer to run 18+ accounts these days. Everyone know which camps and items hold the most value and everyone knows the timers and "strategy".

At this point in EQs life, if there were no krono, the only thing that wold change is dbg would make less money.

Instead of 20 krono collectively, the same people would be selling the same items for 400k plat collectively.
    Plat sells on third party same way krono's do. A portion of the plat sales would go towards funding the accounts. Nothing changes for the people dominating loot for profit.

Only DBG now gets no money from it. And your solo/dual boxer casual player who can't really afford the 15$ a month has no way to play, as they are not the type of player to buy/sell on third party sites.

I can understand disdain for RMTers, but removing krono changes nothing as far as they are concerned.

As for epic bottlenecks, I'd love to see some of them altered to be easier. Especially ridiculously long respawn turn-in/ground spawn things, like the sk epic, Ragefire, Verina *or whatever the ench npc is named* and some of the mage items.

I don't mind epics requiring raid level targets, but they shouldn't require you to sit at a spot with 30 other people for hours on end hoping to be the one to turn in an item fast enough.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Seraphim Augur

Join a guild???? My epic was free.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Heh first off I doubt anyone is playing and paying for this game so DB can make money.

As a player we only concern ourselves with that aspect, one doesn't lease a Chevy so GM can make money you do it so you can enjoy/use it. Making money is GM's problem so they attempt to make a better product.

Keeping kronos in game so DB can make money is like giving GM a pass on not putting tires on the Chevy, making money is their problem, getting value for it is ours.
  6. Syrup Augur

No, it hasn't.
  7. Pikallo Augur

Curious as to what epic you are trying to complete?
  8. Jaime Lannister Augur

If DB gets no money they can't afford to do things. So yes, i absolutely do concern myself with the money they make, at least so far as it affects me. If GM was the only company that made a vehicle I would drive, I would also be concerned with them making money. Same reason people donate to Twitch Streamers when they don't have to and get nothing for doing so.

Not even sure what your last sentence means, as it's random analogy using kronos without setting up the analogy first. State a logical argument for why Krono's are bad, then maybe you can try to work some analogy around that.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

With that logic, why not just sell epics in the DBstore?
    Sheex and frankie78227 like this.
  10. Agrippa Augur

Not a bad idea really. Need an epic mob spawn? Buy it from the marketplace, where money goes to DBG, instead of buying it from the RMT farmers. I'd bet guilds would also pay for access to raid targets.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  11. Roxxanna Augur

Oh but wait, we are supposed to be earning them, not hitting the easy button. Cause walking up to Kronotroll #214 and handing them $500 worth of Krono is an epic quest worthy of stories for many years to come.
    Sheex, Rhodz and frankie78227 like this.
  12. Darth Augur

I was actually petitioning them to sell "Raid Target" tokens before Ragefire launched. If they had just put a straight price of 29.99 on the token (no DBC option, like Krono) and people could spawn say Lord Nagafen in his lair from an NPC that would despawn when Lord Nagafen was in window for example. They'd have made tons of money.

This version of the spawned target should have had adjusted loot drops, ie they're all NO TRADE, and should have flagged the account (not character) so as to only allow one spawn per week.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  13. Rhodz Augur

You have no, zero, zip, nada, control over what DB makes or does not. Perhaps its like a junkie with one connection that overpays for inferior product so his supplier will continue... is that a more fitting analogy? I dunno.
    DB aint the only bird in the cage even for EQ.
    Bad management ruins every payday no matter the size.
    I pay for a product, I do not sit on the board. Same goes for all of us.

For your edification GM was not putting spare tires in their cars for a time so they could make more money till the price of tires fell. They gave you a tire IOU, yeah it was received with all the scorn one would imagine. I forget sometimes a lot of yall were not around to see that.

Addendum:
    Lets instead pose the question as a paying player how do kronos enhance YOUR game?
    Cause they do nothing but hurt the one I am playing.
    So go ahead as a player how do they help players in EQ? Serious question.
  14. Moranis Augur

Kronos are literally just a convenient way to buy plat where DBG facilitates the transaction.
    I don't really understand the hate towards kronos...other than the illegal (botting,etc.) means that some have taken to obtain them, they are literally no different than large bags of platinum that vary in size.

Krono is platinum...Finkle is Einhorn.

I think it's nice that a game has the *option* of RMT-advancing, and not a requirement. I'm not 100% sure if this is true on live with buying the mounts and whatnot, but it's at least mostly true on TLP.

Some people play a lot and enjoy having a high level, money and power...
    Some people don't play a lot and enjoy being able to gear up new classes and explore different zones without having to farm stuff...
    Why can't we let these two trade with each other?
    Another group of people enjoy waking up in the middle of the night for 20 minutes to kill the same dragon over, and over, and over, and over...

Personally, I think the game works because it has enough stuff to do for all the different people who want to play and kronos just make it a bit easier.
  15. Marthisdil Augur

You are aware that if Krono weren't around, some of that stuff would still be farmed by "those that can" and be selling for plat in the auction channel, right?
    Qelyn likes this.
  16. Tinytinker Augur

If there weren't Kronos around, people would be selling epic parts for plat. It happens all the time on Project 1999, where there are no Kronos.
    http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132505

WTS Epic Stuff/MQs:
    • Shaman Epic (Child's Tear +Fight) - 30,000
    • Rogue Epic (Ragebringer) - Sold Out
    • Cleansed Spirit of Faydwer -- (Druid Epic - Skips Corrupted Seahorse, Brownie and Seafury) - Sold Out
    • Cleansed Spirit of Antonica -- (Druid Epic - Skips Corrupted Aqua Goblin, Mammoth and Hill Giant) - 20,000
    • Softly Glowing Stone -- (Druid Epic - Skips everything but VS and Corrupted in Druid Epic) - 10,000
    Simone likes this.
  17. Qelyn Augur

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE, GOSH!
  18. Rhodz Augur

Kronos absolutely allow and encourage botting as plat and items generated can be turned into game time. Plat is fairly easy to generate with 6 mags, same with items.

Kronos are just an easy way of doing what was for many years a ban worthy action, buying plat, though bans seldom occurred it did happen and that alone kept it on the down low. This changed not due to any desire to enhance or improve the game but as a cash grab.

I enjoy doing a lot of things in game that I wont do, like training arses that completely deserve it. Since I enjoy it does that make it ok? Not even close.

You know that camp with that flashy item that's always camped by the same bot groups over and over? Those guys would agree with you. For no other reason than that we should not.
    Kragin likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

Perhaps it's helpful to remember that the company just got sold off because they weren't making enough money. Maybe increasing profits isn't a bad thing--the continued existence of Everquest is a significant improvement and enhancement to the game over the alternative.
  20. Poydras Augur

Not quite. kronos transfer transactions across servers, meaning farmers can concentrate on servers where the payoff is better (for example where there are few highly-desirable camps they can monopolize) and still have a marker to RMT kronos across the entire game.

So yeah a person pointing at them as a source of problems for a particular server, even versus the old RMT'ing "system", may have a point.
    Rhodz likes this.