No way to catch up to live. Autogrant and heroci chars don't cut it.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Montag, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

And I seem to remember durring a podcast some one actually brought this up .. To 1 of the dev's they blatantly stated there will never be an increase to Hero toons, An there will never be new epics.. all in one breath / sentence..

I will continue looking for that very thing .. I know they have already addressed it multiple times.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

If one were to put say a 20 pack of non-tradable 10 dose double EXP potions on a lvl 85 heroic character, wouldn't that provide a backdoor way to greatly accelerate your level acquisition. Also, tokens of achievement that could grant progression achievements at certain level intervals (90, 95, 100).

None of that would require too much dev energy. All of that would supercharge and trivialize some of those early levels that many want to see bridged with a higher level heroic character that would require so much dev time.
    Daedly likes this.
  3. Zaggran Journeyman

I can see it with the epics. Those were a huge time investment, and EQ just can't afford that anymore. The longer the game goes on, the smaller expansions will get because there's just not as much money coming in. Trying to do the traveler achievements recently, good lord I was in awe of the sheer scale of Luclin. I'd forgotten how big it was. Bigger than most entire games. Nowadays there simply isn't the resources for an entire immersive quest line for each individual class.

I don't really see why the limit with heroic characters though? As I understood it, you basically just got a boost to level 85 and some gear? Why would it take so much effort to increase the level and the stats of the gear?
  4. Whulfgar Augur

You said Epic's were alot of work..

They flat out said increasing the level's of hero'ed toons is MORE work then epics .. Again.. once I find that podcast .. (I've been looking since this thread opened) I will provide a link.
  5. Zaggran Journeyman

I'm not saying I don't believe you. I do. I'm just wondering aloud why it's so much work. It doesn't seem like it would be a lot of work unless I'm grossly misunderstanding what heroic characters are (which is possible, and why I described what I understand them to be).
  6. Mazame Augur

Please you also adds tokens for all of the hunter achievements as well because no one wants to go back and spend hours killing grey mobs for a check mark.

Maybe TS books to teach you every thing so you don't need to farm for months to get your aug maxed out?

How about and auto quest system that you just hail the npc and he completes the quest for you because it to much effort.

hell why we're at it lets just automate everything and then when some one wants to play EQ they can just watch a video of everything being done for them?

It called EVER quest. No Complete in a day Quest.

The thing that makes this game great is the stuff you do along the way. Some of people best memory's are completing the BiC aug / Epic and other things that took TIME and EFFORT to get done. Camping a named for ever to get a FFBSS and the joy I felt when I completed it. To this day it sits in my bank because of the memory attached to it.

The Race to the max level is no what EQ about. yes if you want you can get there and it NOT that hard. If your willing to spend money on a 105 heroic toon then consider this. buy a Krono and pay some one to PL you. you don't have to be social if you don't want. But in the end your missing what makes the game great. Soon you will just move on to another game anyways because the end game doesn't have that much to offer once everything is done. Those that stick with EQ are not the people looking for a hand out. It a social game and those that stay stay because of getting with their friends they made and spending time helping each other. If your not able to make friends the game will get old very fast. We complete all the raids in 2 days. rest of our time is spent doing the same thing over and over and what makes it enjoyable is the people we are doing it with.
  7. Conq Augur

A dev once posted about heroic characters, loosely translated it was: the spells, the factions, the flags, the skills, the gear - all takes time to program. And DB has like 2 employees left.
    It can take you 2-4 months to go from 1 to 110 with 20kish AA's. Playing that character skillfully may take more time. Like 20 or more years for some (some of us are slow learners). If 2-4 months is too much of a time sink to expect to be able to join "end game" and raids? Try WoW. You can do that in a week, I'm told.
    Conq
    Mazame likes this.
  8. Zaggran Journeyman

Weird. I thought I said "I don't understand why adding a few things to the list of stuff heroic gives you should be a lot of effort," but apparently I said "I WANT EVERYTHING NOW AND I WANT TO ENDGAME RAID BY THE END OF THIS SENTENCE"
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Man.. I am searching hard for that podcast..

They said heroic toons were 1 of the hardest things to ever implement in game..

So it's not a simply add a thing or couple to them. It may require an entire overhaul of them to achieve in the end what would amount to as some thing trivially not worth the effort..

I believe that's where we currently are with hero toons.
  10. Tappin Augur

We got more content and development for Vanguard for FREE with only 1 shared dev, than with multiple devs on this game for paid content.

‘Nuff said.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If you don't make max level, max AA, max achievements, with end-game gear in 5 minutes....just wait longer.

And to think, people used to say 'It's all about the journey'. Now it's, 'I want it all. And I want it now.'
    CatsPaws and Nennius like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

QFT

Speaking only for myself, if I am having fun than it is good. I don't have to be at the bleeding edge of EQ. I suspect that I am not alone in this.
    CatsPaws and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I am guessing you weren't on board with level 85 heroic characters were you?
  14. Whulfgar Augur

I can't speak on vangard.. as I've never played it. However I can easily check out your claim.
  15. Allayna Augur

Still waiting on my account to account transfers to open back up....
    Tarvas, Sancus and Whulfgar like this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

After literally a minute of searching a bit longer reading .. no.. No you did not.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Vangaurd came on in 2007.

On September 10, 2008 Game Update 6[13] finally introduced the long-awaited trial island, the Isle of Dawn

On July 7, 2010 the three remaining US game servers were merged into one (total servers 2)

new game content was announced at the end of July 2011.

A game update was released on August 10, 2011(not new content either)

On July 31, 2014, at 9:00 PM, the game officially shut down.

Funny thing is.. at no point did they have ever just 1 dev .. and only "new" content I could see was durring the "paid sub" time period.. As of August 14, 2012, Vanguard has been free to play

Which mean's at no time did Vangaurd get "new content" while free to play. Perhaps I'm not digging enough perhaps you could show me ?
  18. Tappin Augur

You clearly did not play Vanguard. We got multiple overland raid mobs (new content), a crafting overhaul, and various other things during F2P. Prior to that we got 7 floor raid zone, a few level 50 zones, and so on (free outside sub)

We also got an level extension and few other things for free.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Yet again.. Never in any publication did they have just 1 dev..

They actually shared devs with there entire Sony and verant team of devs..

Which is the basis of your claim..
  20. Whulfgar Augur

More new content from 1 dev while it was ftp