No Ultra Casual server (Filthy Casuals)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Parva, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Parva Lorekeeper

The reason why we wont see a Casual server is because of people like Holly making statements like "Filthy Casuals" and believe me she still has alot to say and input in this game.

She would never support a real Ultra Casual server. So basically we are all wishful thinkers.
  2. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Fine by me. I’m fine going back to p1999 and playing ultra casual. Even if it takes 5 years, I’ll eventually catch up to all the content
  3. Torezz Lorekeeper

Maybe this blunder will cause Holly to lose her job.

Wishful thinking I guess.
  4. The other one New Member

Bye bye Holly, this casual is thinking more and more he’ll play less and less
  5. SweetLaxTho Elder

6. HoodenShuklak Augur

7. code-zero Augur

That's actually a hard core player slumming on an ultra casual server
    SweetLaxTho and Master Kahleem like this.
  8. Seraphix Elder

I have to admit that I'll never forget that quote. One of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard from a game producer.
    SweetLaxTho and Thalliius like this.
  9. Thalliius Augur

P99 is widely accepted as a hardcore server, not a casual

Again I think people are confusing the definitions of hardcore and casual
  10. Febb Augur

She never said filthy casual. Please post her quote so we can all see it. I am a casual and I disagreed with her but misquoting people is asinine.
  11. Bolten_DA Augur

12. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Grogak likes this.
  13. Bolten_DA Augur

lol, I didnt make it but yea...
  14. Ceffener Augur

“What we don’t want to do is instance raids, which is what casuals want us to do because they want to fight Nagafen. Casuals shouldn’t be allowed to fight Nagafen… that diminishes the achievement of others. That’s part of the challenge: You have to be better than the other guy; you have to be more strategic that the other guy.”

Personally the sentiment was there and I haven’t touched a TLP since 2015 because of it (even after they finally decided maybe it wasn’t their best idea). Got lured back in with the “ultra-casual server”, but so far, well they should learn to stop using the word casual.
  15. Parva Lorekeeper

This statement from a game producer is absolutely atrocious. She made ut sound like all casuals are entitled. Most of us are not entitlex and most casuals enjoy a challenge in a game. Just because we cannot commit tons of hours to raiding because we actually have a real life, should never justify the reasoning to be excluded from game content. Most of ut s casuals are the backbone of this game, and if it wasn't for us spending our hard earned $$$ supporting this game, it would gave ceased to exist a long time ago.
  16. snailish Augur

Time and EQ has moved on from that infamous quote.

While I disagreed with the quote then, and still do now. In context of a "pure vision" from a game development side... there is logic in not making everything easy access to all instantly as it speeds players moving on to the next game.

What many, not just Holly, are confusing or not agreeing upon is what casual means.

Casual me at the time was "I couldn't care less about Nagafen". Random spawn Nagafen in the open world... well I might care because that is different and interesting.

As far as this thread among the sea of threads...

Mangler could serve ultracasual really well --if it had normal to good XP, no death penalty, the rules it was otherwise announced with (focus effects era, AoC, etc.) and generous unlocks... as in longer so you can play slow without being obsoleted and the population all having new continents to go be on.

But some people with call the above hardcore... If you play hours every night maybe so. Just call it going slow (and Selos is going fast).

Leave the casual/hardcore definition debate. Not worth it. Getting rules some slow-going players would like on Mangler --that is worth it.
  17. Parva Lorekeeper

Yeah Mangler really, really needs some changes. There is no incentive on that server with its current rule sets that would appeal to more than a handful of people.
  18. Brunlin Augur

I would love for them to open a TLP named Filty Casual!!