No sure what to do

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xinge, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Xinge New Member

So I've been messing around with EQ on Mischief but i prefer longer xpacks so going to reroll on FV due to loving the mischief ruleset. Plan is to use a 100 boost on a druid to PL two other boxes. Either going to go Beast/Mage or Necro/Mage with the druid. Any thoughts on what would be better long term?

My plan is to raid later but I love to solo and farm when not raiding. I've always raided as a Necro in the past so out of the ranpages and whatnot. Any thoughts on how well these pairings would preform long term?
  2. Iven the Lunatic

BST+MAG should be the better option. Because of slow it can handle stronger mobs and haste does also help. Necro does offer more DPS and has better CC than the BST but it does get nerfed soon. Still powerfull after the nerf.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

If you want to raid on FV you might want to take a look at what classes are being recruited and take that into account. I'm sure there are some great 2boxes you can put together from whatever is currently desired.

Both bst/mag and nec/mag are great. A bard + any three of those options is great too.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

Since you're on FV raid weapons and pet earrings are going to be much easier to source so Druid/Magician/Beastlord will have you covered for almost every situation that doesn't specifically call for a real tank. Decent synergy of buffs with those classes and a Cleric merc for symbol/extra heals.
  5. Illdara New Member

So on a side note type of question. Is there anyway when having a box on auto-follow to keep it from running all over the map while its screen on minimized?
  6. Gialana Augur

Increase the background framerate in display options. It might be in the advanced options.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Treiln Augur

Stare at the ground in first person view.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Just like that..

[IMG]
    Stymie and Treiln like this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It is in the advanced option on the display tab of the Options. It works -most- of the time, but there are still zones with wickedly awful pathing that nothing will help for the auto-follow or mercs or pets. AND, it is far too easy for an auto-follow to get stuck on bushes, walls, small pebbles, and anything else that might be in their way. I've had an auto-follow floating above get stuck on the top of a entry way too many times to count, too. But, it is a bit of hilarity to drag around a floating auto-follow like a kite.

When I have someone on auto-follow or regular follow, either a boxed character or another player's character, I am often checking the map to make sure the green 'x' clump is close to my green arrow for current active character. I do something similar in real life when leading a caravan of cars only using the rearview mirror to check my follow hasn't lost me.
  10. Vack Elder

Come back to mischief!!!
  11. Vitiated New Member

Roll a mage. CoTH takes care of EQ's bad autofollow.
    Iven and Wayylon like this.
  12. Wayylon Augur

I group COTH ridiculously often. I have a Shammy in the group too, I always group cheetah run the mage somewhere and COTH everyone.

I AA single COTH my puller on bad pulls all the time

Not to mention the only way I can tank right now while trying to lvl and gear my SK I'm trying to build up
  13. Hegsheoshed Augur

14. Hegsheoshed Augur

Maybe someone can fix. My Vah Shir fixing paws not working.

Never mind I fix.

[IMG]
  15. TooLo New Member

Bard + Beast. Use the pet to tank, bard for pulling, running, invis, mana, and dps for the beast. Beastlord also gets semi-shaman buffs, slow, two FD's, and a warrior pet. It's by far my most favorite box duo.
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Mage + Bard is a similar set up but without the FDs.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Beast crack for the mage is nothing to sneeze at either. Mage Bst with cleric and rogue mercs tears stuff up. also can flip to rogue pet and tank merc.

For the convenience of fellowships a druid might be nice... tracking, ports, teleport bind, exodus and can dps / heal or crowd control.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

alt o / display / advanced button, set slider for background FPS at a higher value. This dicates how often minimized account reports serverside. Long report pauses cause the server to lose track of the following character and when you keep moving, has a hard time resynchronizing them.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

one of the young'ns, leaning the ropes being told no, do not eat the wires!

Two nights later, I'm eating Lo Mein and he looks at me, runs over to the wires, looks at them and back at me, clearly asking...but but.. you eat wires, no?
    Nennius likes this.