no full screen when logging in?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mopman, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Mopman New Member

Every time I log into EQ the game has reset my full screen back to windows.
    If there somewhere I can change that so it stays on full screen when I am starting EQ?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This was changed in a patch a few months ago as a fix to some kind of crash bug with players starting in full screen. The best solution is to log in to character select, then hit Alt + Enter before you enter the world. Then your character will load in as full screen.
  3. Stymie Pendragon

It's a half-handed band aid that affects the *entire* player base to fix a problem for a very small subset of customers. This appears to be the permanent "fix", yay! /s

Be ever mindful to hit alt prior to enter every single time you login, or your UI will be toast. I recommend saving a copy somewhere in the inevitable chance that you forget. Our curators aren't concerned about this inconvenience, apparently.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or players can just run it in windowed mode and they won't have UI issues.

Just did a search on "black screen in eq" and got well over 10 pages of google responses detailing the black screen issue mostly for new installs so it doesn't seem to be a small subset that were having this issue.

It seems it would be better to have new installs go correctly than a big black screen and no way to play. It might have something to do with future UI changes also.

So apparently the game prefers to run in windowed mode. We can either do that or use the work around. I would think it was pretty balanced between those who use full screen and those who use windowed but you just don't hear from the players that were already using windowed mode.