No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ysu9, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Ysu9 Apprentice

Is the reason for no FTE on the new servers to appease the top end guilds/players so they can have their DPS races?

I hope not... It was very nice to not be trained by people who don't get their way/FTE.

Perhaps a compromise can be made with no FTE on raid targets?
    Aziuno and Search and Rescue like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We don't need a compromise.

Oakkwynd still has FTE for those who want it.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  3. Ysu9 Apprentice

FTE is most impactful/important for classic era expansions.
    Search and Rescue likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In your opinion.

I have never had any problems with KS or Trains, so in my opinion and it seems Daybreaks it is not needed on the 2 new servers.
    WeCameWeConquered and Celatusp99 like this.
  5. Ysu9 Apprentice

Jchan opinion too, she said it causes less trains.
    Demetri likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yet she said nothing about KSing and other issues FTE brought with it.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Open World target "DPS" racing still a thing? Heh.
    Demetri likes this.
  8. Ysu9 Apprentice

Yep which is why I said compromise for raid targets. FTE also prevents KSing true.

FTE problems include:
    1) Potential to agro someone else encounter locked mob with AE Bard Song/Beneficial spell and have an encounter locked/immune mob attacking you.
    2) Training encounter locked raid targets that AE onto other raids

Is there anything else? Please list so we can provide feedback to DB
  9. Fizon Augur

Do we reeeaalllyy need another thread on this????
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. coltongrundy Augur

would you rather have someone sit on your group while you clear PHs just so they can tag the named as soon as it spawns and you have no chance at it?
    WeCameWeConquered and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  11. Ysu9 Apprentice

This is a much better alternative instead of having that person train me because they can't have their way.
    Muramx, Demetri and Search and Rescue like this.
  12. Fizon Augur

How often do you really encounter this. I can think of twice in over 5 years it's happened to me and one of the times was a guy who trained my necro and died..
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  13. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

We don't need another thread about FTE, just as DPG decided we don't need another server with it.

This thread is about OW targets. Who even DPS races them in this day of DZs heh.
    Demetri likes this.
  14. Ysu9 Apprentice

I see this a lot, "How often does this happen?"

Seems like it happened enough times that they created a whole system to prevent it and then praised said system for removing the ability to intentionally train others.
    Erekai, Artanthos, Demetri and 2 others like this.
  15. AzzlannOG Elder

I dont know the reasons they decided not to use it. This was one of my personal reasons that I fought against FTE. On raid bosses in OW dps races are more fair than tag first. I honestly didnt really care about non raid mobs. The only other thing it affected for me was OOG play with my alts and friends.
  16. AzzlannOG Elder

It is exaggerated, there are a select few people that maliciously train others, and they dont generally last long on the TLP's
  17. Celatusp99 Augur

Yet its no longer a thing. It created as many issues as it solved. Of course there was an easy solution to being trained before, several actually. Kill the the train If I'm in a zone there are not enough mobs around me to train me anyway. The second super easy one is just leave. If you don't go looking for trouble you're not going to find it.
  18. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Yes and the whole system is on Oakwynd, and not on the upcoming TLPs - so FTE is irrelevant to the upcoming TLPs. (Unless something changes)

19. CdeezNotes Augur

I don't see how FTE matters for top end guilds seeing how all content on live is already instanced.
  20. xxar Augur

Killing the train is not always realistic and bowing down and leaving to someone trying to train and stealing a camp is not a solution.
    Search and Rescue likes this.