No FTE on Teek and Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ysu9, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Willport New Member

All the rules have their pros and cons. I personally don't like what FTE does to the leveling experience. In particular, pulling. Too many people/PLers mass pulling through your camps.
  2. auto21 Augur

I'm going to assume a boomer deeply hurt you in some way. sorry to hear that.
    I played the live game back at launch and many of the TLP and private servers since.
    I'm personally for most of the QoL adjustments, especially the simpler to implement changes that the majority of the playerbase wanted e.g. random loot on select servers (remember it's amongst the most popular servers)
    FTE just seems like a lot of effort/cost for something that wasn't widely requested, it is/was buggy and doesn't stop people griefing - whether that's KSing or not
  3. AzzlannOG Elder

Even after Oakwynd flopped and they dropped FTE these pro FTE people swear its the best thing to ever happen to the game. There was still griefing still people taking mobs. If it seemed like there was a reduction in toxicity it was because Oakwynd was a ghost town.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Fizon like this.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Flopped? It is still HIGH population today.

[IMG]
  5. Lejaun Augur

You have to remember two big things : 1) Compared to the monster that Mischief was, the population is low, so people think that it has a low population when it actually has been very healthy and 2) The people most vocal (aka "I hate FTE") are the ones who said it was dead on arrival, would die within 2 days, would die within a week, would die within 2 weeks, would die within a month, would die within 2 months (and so on). They yell so much about how FTE is so horrible that you can't see anything else.

People who like / are indifferent to it tend to be quiet.
    Ragnoruk and Kaenneth like this.
  6. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Mischief was the first free trade server since FV...Aradune launch at the beginning of a pandemic....compare Oakwynd to other TLP it was a solid population...

but after the Exodus due to the Legacy XP then the economy getting destroyed 6 days later...

And it is still high 5 months later. Then it was not a flop PERIOD.
  7. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Out of curiosity, how many guilds are currently farming Time and how many expect to farm Tacvi?
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Pretty much all are farming Time...IF not for the the issues with the exploit and the handling of the Legacy XP 5+ would go through Omens and clear CoA. Now by the time OoW gets here Oakwynd will be all but dead as even the top guild will not want to continue on a dead server.

Tacvi only a few will GoD raids are hard particularly before level 70 hits. and right after God launches we will get two new servers so what is left of Oakwynd will not be a lot....the economy is simply that bad...A free trade server will pull most the TLP players. There will 2 to 3 guilds go beyond PoP but they will quickly merge to one guild because of the other issue the server had to face.

Gates of Discord has always been a TLP killer, as it comes up the new server is around the corner.

Everything beyond pretty much all are farming Time....is MY OPINION as we do not know what will happen for certain but I think Oakwynd's days are numbered, but that has nothing to do with FTE.
  9. Kahna Augur

Mischief wasn't the first FT server after FV. Quarm was... Then there was Brekt, also FT.
    Barton-Vox, Yinla and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  10. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Im only asking Because I'm 5 years into Mangler, and we have 5 farming ToV, claiming a server is solid due to the "high population" is a falicy. Oakwind should have 15 to 20 guilds farm mode on Time, and more than half of those should easily beat GoD, it isn't hard on a TLP.

And Yes, thats Mangler, the server that Aradune was supposed to kill at launch.
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I do not know if it would have gotten to 20 guilds, but without the double hit of Legacy XP and the exploit right on top of each other Oakwynd would be a lot stronger.

My last server was Fippy it was a solid server through OoW...It had less than 10 guilds farming PoTime. Two of those had two crews raiding Time.

With a Free Trade Server in the queue for May 2024....Oakwynds days are numbered.
  12. CdeezNotes Augur

Oakwynd objectively wasn't a ghost town, but what hurt Oakwynd most was it wasn't until right before launch where FTE was in a truly functional spot coupled with the very vocal minority with their negative propagandist criticisms before or ever trying it out. When all you, the general population, see nothing but posts on discord and the forums on how terrible FTE is, how it's an antithesis to everything EQ, and other literal garbage, you tend to subconsciously agree and not try it. It leads to a bias.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

FTE never worked properly on Test prior to Oakwynd launch and broke many mechanics. All of the negative posts you saw were all true. Oakwynd launched with FTE still needing work, which was done over the first couple of months after launch. Had FTE been working correctly on test it may have been accepted a lot more.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Doze like this.
  14. eqfanforlife Elder

You just saw the population spike from people logging in and liquidating their accounts getting ready for the new servers.

Mischief currently at high pop and oakwynd back to medium where it belongs.
  15. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Good point. I haven't logged into Oakwynd for a bit over a month now
    I plan to log in sometime this week and parcel guildie.all my trade skill stuff I have boarded as well as any tradeable items, PP. I don't plan to play again on Oakwynd might as well
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

I said it wasn't functional initially. However, you also saw dozens of negative posts by the usual suspects spewing their vitriol from day 1 of the announcement, well before anyone had their in game experience with FTE.

It was constant barrage of "FTE isn't EQ! Nobody asked for this! Devs are out of touch!" or "Mischief 2.0 clone hurr durr!" the minute it aas announced. If the casual player sees those, you think he's gonna go try that server without a bias or try it at all? Probably not. The vocal minority ruined that server's potential before it even got going.

Heck, I didn't even migrate to Oakwynd. I played around to see what GTE was about, but Aradune was in its golden age of expansions so why would I leave to any server? However, you didn't see me ruining the fun for others and badmoutu it endlessly. I had no issues with FTE from my playing around with it. It really didn't change EQ much.
  17. Stagentti Augur

Your level of denial and shifting blame is commendable.
    Fizon likes this.
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

Denial of what? Blame shift? I knew that server was doomed the moment I read the very first announcement post and all the corresponding replies. It's the same exact mentality of the annual re-rollers. They'll ridicule and judge the content and more times than not they never even played in it. It's basic human nature to be adverse to change. The old adage "can't teach an old dog new tricks." This isn't some new phenomenon. It's happened all throughout the history of EQ.
  19. AzzlannOG Elder

How is it so hard to accept that a lot of people did not like FTE for valid reasons. It's cool if you like it but a lot of us thought it was awful in theory, and even worse in practice. On top of that its just not something that is needed.
  20. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Right now :

Mangler LOW POPULATION
    Oakwynd HIGH POPULATION

Those are based on the number of actively playing right now.
    So if Mangler is solid...Oakwynd is solid on steroids.