No boxers on Aradune for now!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deathcomestoall, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

This would help with all the problems everyone is having with wait times and whatnot. I am not saying boxers are bad or anything like that. I am saying allow one person to play for time being... The population can support it for now worst that is going to happen is people will have to be a little more social once the population drops allow people to have their other account in-game. They will not open a 2nd server, and they are not doing anything at all about the 100s of people scripting, so they do not kicked offline. Something has to change.
    Arog likes this.
  2. Brewno New Member

Not a bad solution, but people will still get around the boxing with a free VPN service. People will petition but hey people are boxing more than 3 people already.
  3. Salerene New Member

Only problem is that someone with 6 accounts and 6 pc can play so that would not help.
  4. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

They can block known VPNs not really that hard to blacklist those ips
    Brewno likes this.
  5. Dezzax Journeyman

Something has to change from the current state I agree. I currently box a 23 necro and 23 druid. I would play my necro and outlevel my druid? Doesn't seem fair. The rules clearly stated 2 boxing was allowed. The rules clearly stated AND state everytime you enter world via popup that you agree to the Aradune rulset:

"Aradune Ruleset-
    Mangler XP Progression
    Agents of ChangeEnabled
    Pick ZonesEnabled
    By playing on Aradune you agree to:
    Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is ban including Aradune associated accounts.

Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts. "

They need to enforce the ruleset. Automated gameplay (or automated afk prevention, which is the same thing) needs to be enforced 24/7. Or at least during queue times.
    Edit: Also people boxing more than 2 characters need to be reported via /petition and investigated. Ridiculous.
    Edit: "Dedicated GM - Rizlona and Aradune are GM dedicated servers, this means they will be more visible on your server and petition queues will go direct to them. It is possible that there will be instances where other GMs may assist when available but most will go to your specific GMs. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more about your server's GMs!"

Dezzax facepalms.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

There are probably legal reasons they can’t do this. Aradune was advertised as a 2 box server. Going back on this would make it a literal “bait and switch.”
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  7. Brewno New Member

True, but still wont fix our issue. The people will find a way. Another Aradune server Enudara = best solution.
  8. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

Nope they can change the rule set anytime they feel like it :) same reason they can keep your money after you pay them or ban you for no reason. You agreed to it when you first started playing.
  9. Malachi Augur

Uh oh...the forum is reaching its final form in trying to "fix" aradune.You want to close the borders to ALL boxers now?
    Soon, if you are sitting to med for more than 4 minutes, the calls for your expedient departure from the server will be many.
    Rogues will soon be deported to Rizlona.
    Xoner likes this.
  10. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Interesting. Please, do go on
  11. Tucoh Augur

Would be interesting if they opened up a non boxing server. not as good of a solution as opening a copy of aradune and merging later though.
  12. Salerene New Member

guys you can't stop people from boxing as you put it. I can have 2 other people 2 box , while I 2 box, so we have a 6 person group and there wouldnt be anything they could do.

It could be 3 friends playing together or a family playing together. There is really no way they can stop it, Just because it comes from the same IP doesnt mean it's one person playing six different accounts. All they can do is send a /tell to each character and see if they get a response and that by itself is labor intensive.

Now if the client checks for other software running in the back ground then well that a can of worms I am sure they dont want to open. it could lead to privacy issues.

edit to add: still sitting in a queue for the passed 3 hours going on 4
  13. MileyVyrus Elder

I like to imagine there is a bizzaro dimension where there's a eq progression server with a forum filled with boxers screaming to eliminate all the single players clogging up the lower guk zoneline LFG to reduce server lag.
    Aneuren and Dezzax like this.
  14. Citrus333 New Member

Technically this was already done. When announcing Aradune they called it a True Box server.

"True-Box Timelocked Progression - New expansions unlock automatically every 4 weeks, and only one EverQuest client may be run per computer."

Now they allow you to dual box and it's fine. Dual box is not true box.
  15. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Technically you may want to find out what "true-box" means then get back to us.
    KimchiGoddess and Thalliius like this.
  16. Korea numbah3 Elder

It's just funny how they say it's a limit of 2 logins... But they don't care AT ALL about the 6 boxers at the king, efreeti, oot, and hole camps.
  17. Dyzalot Augur

KimchiGoddess and Xoner like this.
  18. Citrus333 New Member

"Only one Everquest client may be run per computer." So you can dual box here but you have to have 2 PCs? I feel like the amount of people who do that is minimal, but this is EQ. But would definitely help the crappy queues, but it's not like Daybreak gives a f.
  19. Citrus333 New Member

You could just correct me instead of being a d*ck. I always heard the EQ community were friendly and helpful. Guess they're not much different than the WoW community after all.
  20. Dyzalot Augur

If you think posting a funny meme/video from The Princess Bride = "being a d*ck" then you have a pretty low bar for that label.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.