Next TLP #FUN !AOC / Truebox / FV(epics-keys) / No lvl REQ on gear / BST-Zerk-spells-class-pok

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barathrum, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Barathrum Augur

This TLP would be completely different then any other TLP! It would be extremely fun IMO.

True Box
    FV - Rule set! IE all items can be traded including Epics / Keys!

No Level Requirements on gear! Gear will not have a level requirement/recommended! This includes the procs....WHY ????? Allows for Fun alts / Gearing new raiders / New economy and an over all change from the norm! Frostbringers / SODs and a few other items did this back in the day. Twink those alts! YES your alt would be super powerful and thats the point to have fun and to do something different!

POK will be open because i would like to see BST / BER in classic... yes the port game would be removed but its a QOL and WE GET BST AND ZERKERS!!!! This will also allow for wood elf bst lords and any other class/race combos that were added over the years...( Would like to see Frogs/Cats/Drakkins as well! They would spawn in POK but that might be pushing it then again this whole server is pushing it lol)

POK will also have spell vendors.. They will only sell appropriate spells for expansion. Minus Research / quest / no drop spells!

What should we call the server ?
  2. Paralyze Journeyman

Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar. To represent the excessive time and logistics spent on minor "improvements", let alone describe the server.
    snailish, Beimeith and Nolrog like this.
  3. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Some of this is good -

-FV Ruleset (though I think people mean free trade and not actual FV rules)
    -Zerker and Beastlord in classic would be cool (needs a disclaimer no epic until God and Sol)

Most of this is bad or not feasible though. And I'm pretty sure I know the person who posted this so I don't feel bad saying that.
  4. Fumi-chan Augur

5. mesocornaiv Lorekeeper

I like the idea of Zerk/Beast on release, but the title format of this post made my brain hurt.
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Is that because the game is not set up for their epics to be completable until GoD/SOL, or do you mean they should remove them until those expansions?
  7. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

You need NPCs in GoD for the Zerker epic 1.0 and in Sol for the Beastlord epic 1.0 iirc which would block them from being obtainable until this expansions were out.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Obviously they just need to completely rework those 2 epics so they are doable in classic.
  9. mesocornaiv Lorekeeper

Clearly they'd just let everyone type /ex for an /expedient epic, like they already do on phinny.
  10. Lantherion Elder

Someone obviously doesn't play FV, you can't trade epics.
    snailish likes this.
  11. snailish Augur

FV loot is basically free trade loot. Something minor was changed when Quarm event #1 was moved to Brekt as I had some low level thing in my shared bank that was no longer allowed to be there. So there might be FV, Quarm & Brekt versions of it... or it might all be the same and coincidentley they patched something as they created Brekt.

You can basically get what the OP wants with existing rules/coding if you compromise slightly:

-Free trade loot, Truebox, instancing, auto unlocks (no voting), load balancing I suppose (I wouldn't, see below for the start)
    -Start at GoD... all classes, most races, most combos... PoK spells are most of the annoying lower stuff, etc. Also, you are high enough level to super-farm all the nutty nodrop gear that is tradable under the ruleset so you don't need to play with item flags or procs, there will be lots of things for sale.
    -Give it fast XP, at least Live if not the bonus that Zek & FV got (or more)

Maybe even give it naked 51/50 start as an option (you can do level 1 as well)

Launch this after Agnarr has been in the lock a while... I think it is a very high pop server. Just for not redoing the original trilogy grind again, nor level 1-50 in the limited classic world.