Next TLP, any timeframe?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TimeBreak, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Hane New Member

It's data, even if it is a bit outdated. Where's your data showing that it's going to flop? There's constantly threads popping up in these forums asking about a PvP server, and you need an active subscription to post here. There's lots of people out there looking inward, checking to see if a fresh PvP server has happened yet. My guild of ~50 players would come over in a heartbeat, only four of us have active subscriptions to Daybreak that I'm aware of. That's ~46 fresh subs, just from an extension of myself. One player, from one guild.

I've never understood why PvE players so afraid of a PvP server going up. You don't need to play on it. You already have way more PvE servers then you need, most of them are low population and should probably be merged / shut down to save DB money.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I think the most fun I had in PVP was that EQ server that was 1 death and your out way back when.

Unfortunately these days every other person in EQ uses 3rd party tracking tools and in PvE no one really cares, but in PvP that would be doomsday in terms of fun for the folks who aren't use those tools because there is zero stopping it.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Those same tools were pretty rampant back in the day too. Lots of S***eq use on Tallon/Vallon/Rallos. If you wanted to compete, well, you knew your competition was using it, so...
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Why would we be afraid of a PvP server? We're just tired of the same 4 people asking for a PvP server every few weeks. Since you're new, I'll assume you're #5.
  5. tonic New Member

I'll be #6 then, because I've been playing forever and never posted here but would absolutely play a new PvP TLP, and I have friends that would as well. Also, for those saying another TLP wouldn't draw: there are half a dozen threads about the timing of a new TLP server and they all have multiple pages each. This is only a small sample of people who actually post on these forums. Most players don't. If you build it, they will come.
  6. tonic New Member

Also, to the people saying "I've played through EQ so many times since 1999 I could never see myself doing it again!" .......... , you'll be back and you know it. Everyone comes back.
  7. Jontrann Augur

I wouldn't play a PvP server and neither would my friends and family. If we wanted to play a PvP game we would play a moba or shooter. What we really want is a server that has a decent exp rate that will run from classic to the most recent expansion, we don't even care if its FV loot rules or not, its just got to have a good exp rate for us to even consider it.

TLDR: I have my bag/sub/exp pot money ready for a new TLP that's actually good but if they release an event server or another phinny/coirnav clone ill probably be done with EQ in the long run especially now that classic wow will be coming out in a few years.