Next Progression Server--List of all the things that should be changed first and not later.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boffur, May 22, 2018.

1. Boffur New Member

I can see that fix when the plane of fire come out, but I was hopeful that some of these changes were to be made to the beginning of a new progression server. Not after several expansions that then open up this problem.
  2. doah Augur

Disable levitate in the zone would be the easiest solution. Definitely would make some of the fights a bit more interesting.
    Dythan likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I read this like 4 times, and I honestly don't have any idea what you're saying. Disabling krono for any server would be a major step backwards though.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

As a player on live who visits this zone frequently due to the insane amount of farming required to evolve the artisans prize please leave this one alone. Its bad enough that the illusion through doors "bug" was fixed forcing people to lug around an extra box just to get through doors that are rather trivial now. I understand the change on the TLP servers where these things matter but with every action there is a reaction and having positive outcomes in one area does not always produce positive outcomes in another.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

First off how is this an exploit? Is there some kind of financial or experience based advantage involved from this? There are several places in this game where levitation has its advantages just like there are several other skills, spells, and abilities that provide an advantage in certain areas and situations. This is just as silly as the guy complaining about rogues being able to stealth past mobs to pick up ground spawns when other classes cant. If you are jealous of another classes abilities play that class instead of asking for unnecessary changes to the game. If you would rather take the long way around than by all means take the long way. Not everyone wants to waste their time navigating through crap they have no use for just to get to something they came to experience.
    snailish and Dythan like this.
  6. Punchu Augur

Your own personal Vietnam. God speed son. Make em swim through that lava into the see invis.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Isn't this f'ing horse dead already? He's been beaten until his bones are dust. Some awful suggestions here to make a sever that would not be viable and would be subject, I think, to a high GM time to answer griefing petitions.
  8. snailish Augur

Aurastrider's points are valid, but if the dev team looks at the game and says "you know, levitate got way out of control as an ability" then there could be a sweeping adjustment to it. The fact that levitate does not function historically in some places hints at the most likely direction this would go --were it to be looked at as needing adjusted.

It becomes a tricky argument though, because if the "bypassing intended content" phrase is used then what happens to levant and succor? (awfully useful for bypassing content in some places).
  9. doah Augur

This could be fixed by making the mobs in the tunnel only randomly have a chance of spawning with the ability to see invis.
  10. doah Augur

Should disable Call of the Hero in Fire also. Prevent guilds from cothing around the zone design.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Dbg isn't a charity... They are a for-profit business owned by an investment group (or single investor now I guess). You clearly have no concept of business and profit if you think either if these things is in DBG's best interest.
    Malicre and Raytheon like this.
  12. Lezhur New Member

I'd love to join a new progression server where the Achievement system works from the beginning. I got to PoP before the Hunter achievement went active, and now am trying to go back to all the old zones and re-kill rares I have already killed, kill raid-mobs I killed so long ago. PoP Hunter and Conqueror didn't go active til OOW. The Hunter and Conqueror achievements should be current with new expansions. I'd like the Slayer to start with level 1 of EQ.

In particular, it bugs me that with TSS release, I am doing all the old Hero's Journey achievements, but having done every quest for a section, the achievement itself won't unlock until Seeds of Destruction!!! Why would that be? It was live with TSS. I'm worried that when SoD comes active, I'll have to run back to CR and somehow update all my quests or do them over again to get credit for them.
  13. Coirnav Augur

If we are being honest... levitate is really overpowered and should just be removed from the game entirely.

Characters can also jump too high, so look at that too please.
    Boze likes this.
  14. Protagonist Tank

For the gimpiest of .
    Dythan likes this.
  15. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

FTFY
    jeskola likes this.
  16. Kolani Augur

Disabling levitation over the C1 wall is just a request for constant Jopal trains making C1 unplayable.
  17. doah Augur

Levitation in fire ruins our immersion in the world of EQ. There is no fun bypassing all of that spectacular content that everyone else should be able to see.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Take the pet pre debuffing scam out of ntov. Talk about ruining the premier raid zone of velious...
  19. Dreven Lorekeeper

I'm afraid you forgot to add "No Everquest"', cause that would happen if your action list came through.
    Whether we like it or not.
  20. Nuttmeg Augur

Before you even consider this, first change /pick from allowing players to skip content and pop from boss to boss to boss. Too many times /pick is abused as a griefing tool by people "DPS racing" groups that actually fought their way to a boss legitimately (by running through the main pick uncontested, skipping all of pick 72s full pop, and zoning in on top of the one group in the dungeon - all the way in the back. )