Newbie Zone FAQ - mounts

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Borek-VS, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Borek-VS Augur

I have added a FAQ entry on mounts. My thanks to whoever it was who suggested it, and my apologies for forgetting who it was!
    Yther likes this.
  2. moogs Augur

/poke

You're welcome. And thank you! Great addition.
  3. moogs Augur

From the ZAM page, 85% - All Mounts from Legends of Norrath loot cards i.e. Bridle of the Snow Leopard, etc If anyone wants to know, this information is incorrect. There are at least two LON mount speeds.

More info.
  4. Celestian Elder

Thanks for the information. Was always a bit fuzzy on this.

Do you know what the RAF mounts are? My friends and I have them and they are curious what the speed is. Alla did not seem to mention them as best I could tell.
  5. Geroblue Augur

Thanks for the info ! The speeds would explain several things that had puzzled me.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

The main reason I didn't add this answer sooner was the impossibility of finding an answer to run speeds. There are several pages on Allakhazam with contradictory information (cf run speed with mounts pages), and there have been many posts in these forums that vary just as much - for instance, is max bard speed greater than knight mount, which is greater than raid mount - or are they all the same? Or was one true a few years ago, and the other now?
  7. Ottopaul Journeyman

Thanks for making this guide, it's really great to compile info like this for the new and returning players.

One tiny correction/edit: Meditation can happen *in combat*, and mounts allow you to do that without sitting down(and subjecting yourself to 'sitting' agro). What happens after 30 seconds out of combat(while sitting, or mounted) is that newer super fast regen that was added a few years ago. This out of combat regen is generally much much much higher than meditating mana regen rate, but the in combat meditation is still very important, especially during long fights. Mounts are amazing for this.

Mounts allow you to be constantly meditating during a long fight, even while casting. I'm not 100% sure if you get the full meditation regen rate if the tick hits during the middle of the cast(i've never tried to test that), but even if it doesn't, it at least ensures that you are already in a sitting, meditative state for the next upcoming tick, the very instant you finish a cast, without having to manually sit back down.
  8. Yther Augur

The last correct speed info I know of is the Samanna page ( http://samanna.net/eq.general/buffs.shtml ) midway down. However, due a game change in the speeds, the exact values are now incorrect on the mount speeds, as they were speeded up (at least all but the very fastest, but they may have been too a slight amount. Slow was the most noticeable speed up). Bard speed should always be fastest with the best drum mods. Without any drum mod, knight mounts should be faster, and even Run2 speeds (Bard speed is 65% without mods, add in 38 drum mod = 247% speed).

I don't know if that'll help or not, but maybe make it so you can definitely throw out some data that shows the same or slower than the Samanna page, since we know that most, if not all, are faster than that now.

Might also mention the /dismount command for getting rid of it, as it's handy to use in macros (like foraging ones that can't be done while mounted).

Might also mention that the /claimed mounts are the slowest mounts that move, as there is a mount that doesn't move. (Hobby Horse at http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=52591 )

Yther Ore.
  9. Yther Augur

It's suppose to be double your normal mana regen rate, and from what I could tell, it appears it does the normal every 3 seconds, instead of 6 seconds, so in effect doubling it. Maybe it just coincides with the time you started the mount too compared to the normal tick cycle.

Yther Ore.
  10. Borek-VS Augur

Yther likes this.
  11. Yther Augur

I guess I should really start reading the patch notes again. Hadn't caught the forage while mounted yet.

Yther Ore.