Newbie perks question.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Varril, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Varril New Member

Hi I just started yesterday. I have a question about the perks.

When I try to log into some servers. A window will pop up saying that bonus xp and what not is disabled.

So is this just for progression servers or what? I went to a non progressive server that prefers role-playing and that didn't pop up. But wasn't sure the exact reason to get perks if they only work on servers I particularly don't want to play.

Thanks for any input.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you asking about Perks (capital P), or server bonuses? TLPs get server bonuses, and I don't see anything in the fine print about Perks.

And the popup isn't saying bonus exp, its talking about Recruit a Friend (which is a long cancelled program).
    https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server
    Q: Will Recruit-A-Friend or other account-based bonuses apply to Progression Servers?
    No. These and account bonuses will not apply to characters on Progression Servers.
    https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-52300
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are perks you pay extra for - did you sign up for those?

Its sounds like what was said above, that it is a bonus for the TLP servers.

Don't be put off by the description "roleplaying server" cause no one really role plays there.

Telling us which server you see and not see this on would help.
  4. Varril New Member

Sorry I don't recall all the names of the server. But one was Oakynd. But most of the servers in green txt is what I was talking about.

And it's the paid perks. I tried looking up myself but only thing I got was a older post saying that they did in fact work. But with that pop up I was getting it was confusing to me and just wanted some clarification.

Adventurer
    Challenger
    Merchant
    Are the perks I was talking about
    Thanks for your replys
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yea, I know what you mean. All the articles on those paid perks say they will be available when the "expansion" opens on that TLP but it doesn't say which expansions they are tied to. Like Oakwynd is on ROK? now.

So I think it might just be a generic message to cya or cta