Newbie armor quests on Lockjaw

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Loudshirt, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Loudshirt New Member

Are the newb armor quests available on lockjaw? The quests that you get bone chips and other items and combine them for class specific armor. I started playing EQ well after classic and am not sure when those quests were started.
  2. frankie78227 Augur

Nope, the stuff still drops but the NPCs were removed.
  3. Loudshirt New Member

Are there currently any lowbie (1-10) armor quests on lockjaw?
  4. Calidore New Member

Negative, kill mobs for cloth armor :/
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. frankie78227 Augur

Actually there are armor quests for dwarf plate wearers. They are completed by collecting certain scarab beetle parts and turning them in along with some cash for a BP, Helm and boots.
  6. Tweelis Augur

I'd venture a guess that the curscale armor quests in Field of Bone will go active when Kunark is released but until then old school ways of getting gear will be the only option for newbies.

Edit to add: There's always the patchwork armor. It trivials at 26 and just requires a pattern and a ruined wolf/cat/bear pelt. It's pretty comparable to the curscale armor above, just takes a slightly different line of thinking.
  7. Borek-VS Augur

The newbie armour quests were added between mid-Velious (Halfling) and the start of Luclin. Casters can use raw silk, everyone else can use patchwork/tattered (leather), and plate classes can wear banded. The dwarf scarab quested armour is a good starter. Some of the quests, e.g. Crushbone belts hand back patchwork.
  8. Lenenae New Member

As a high elf cleric I did the following.

level 1-? - Gather Cloth, get a large sewing kit, make tattered armor
    Level 10ish+ - Crushbone drops stuff that's a little better than tattered
    level ? - Unrest (Clerics love Undead), Tons of Small Ringmail drops here, easily got a suit of the stuff minus Chest (only rare part I guess).
    Level 20+ - Still Unrest, started getting basement groups, got tons of Bronze drops
    Level 25+ - Started doing the Armor of the Priest quests from Temple of Solusek Ro off lavastorm, the Chest is hard to get but worth it (comes with a buff extension effect), the bracers aren't lore, so get 2 of them (nice +wis piece)

I wouldn't bother too much with gear at lower levels, once you get to your mid 20s look at SolRo Temple (The P1999 Wiki can help you find gear for your class)