New Wiz SoF Spells & AA Questions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Endaar, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Endaar Augur

OK so maybe I'm a day ahead of things but like a lot of others I've got a decent amount of AAs banked and want to know what to do with them. The passive AAs are obvious, but some others are not:

Lower Element I: Is this basically the flux staff as an AA? What does that accomplish? Is the debuff bigger?

Arcane Destruction: I'm assuming this doesn't stack with Focus of Arcanum, etc., so where does this fit in? Something to use when Focus is down? Or is the spell damage mitigation the big hook, which makes it sound like something mainly useful on a raid? (Which is fine, just looking for clarification.)

Force of Flame/Ice: I assume these are on the same timer as Force of Will, so is it just the resists that change or anything more substantial?

On the spell side, what would make me use Ice Slab instead of Ice Block? And could someone explain Ethereal Wave? It sounds as if using it trades a mana drain for a possible (likely) additional nuke. What's a hate override of -1 mean?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Endaar
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

• Element 1 is AA version of the Staff, nothing more.
    • Arcane Destruction is a lesser version of Prolonged Destruction, with a Rune component. Think of it like Necromancers' one.
    • They are alternate forms of Force of Will intended for when mobs are immune to Magic.
    • It casts .25 seconds faster.
    • Ethereal Weave is Ethereal Incandescence but with a faster cast time. There is a 35% chance to proc a second Spell. If you proc this spell, you use 5k mana and have a 96% chance to proc one of the 3 Ethereals, and a 4% chance to proc none of them, (in which case the mana is lost).
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

is arcane destruction and prolong on same or different timers? isn't the rune portion of arcane something like 1million or something?
  4. Apricots Lorekeeper

Arcane Fusion 1

How much does this hit for? And how often does it appear to go off?
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Fusion hits for 75kish non-crit and about 250k crit. It procs between 1-3%.

The rune on Arcane is 200k. Necro's is 1 million.
  6. Apricots Lorekeeper

Thanks :) Not too shabby! Maybe the new aas will make us a bit more competitive with necros (though i have my doubts).
  7. Endaar Augur

Thanks Beimeith, very useful info.

So Ethereal Weave is on a longer recast time than Ethereal Incandescence, which I guess means a burn weave is up to the three spells?

I really wish instead of a new ice root spell we had gotten it as an AA, so I could free up a spell gem. Nowhere near enough spell slots for all this stuff.

Endaar
  8. silku Augur

Get a chanter with ya and try those numbers with Illusions of Grandeur running. Definitely a nice boost to casters.
  9. Pirlo Augur

EW is DEFINITELY not casting a 2nd ethereal 96% of the time.

Spell description says 35% of the time, and it 'feels' even less.

:/
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Reread what I posted.
  11. Pirlo Augur

Thanks B

I r dumb
  12. Trajet D'Or Augur

Max hit for one Wizard on 2 parses is exactly 441876.

My max hits were 441822 and 441762 with personal tribute spell damage being on for the first one.

Those must be Arcane Fusion crits.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's a Fusion crit while under a high crit mod like second spire or enchanter illusions. A normal crit is ~250k
  14. Moop New Member

Force of Flame is on a different timer than Force of Will. I don't know if Flame/Ice are on the same timer.

Arcane Destruction is on a different timer than Prolonged Destruction and will not overwrite PD, you would have to click it off first.

Highest Arcane Fusion (for me) so far is about 450k with hits of 350k being more typical.

Moop
    Rathe
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

All three forces are on separate timers.
  16. Apricots Lorekeeper

I like the wizard update. I feel closer to necros/mages now which I felt completely inferior to prior to this update on anything but a super short burn fight. My sadface is gone. Thanks SoE! Now if only we could consume gift of mana procs while PD/AD are up my life would be complete.
    Pirlo likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes, I am pleased with where we are now too, which is something I've rarely said, heh.
    Pirlo likes this.
  18. Pirlo Augur

Shhhhh!!

Don't say we are happy and competitive with our berserker and rogue brothers...they will nerf us!!

Ummm...wizards suck. Can I has moar deeps plz
  19. Crystilla Augur

(Hehe I bet wizzies are happy, at least one guildie of mine is)

[Fri Apr 19 20:32:16 2013] Wizard tells the guild, 'say Vulak`Aerr in 135s, 46978k @347986dps --- Wizard 15843k @198042dps'
    [Fri Apr 19 20:32:28 2013] Wizard tells the guild, 'i like my new stuff'
  20. Zantarr the White Journeyman

I can confrim i have hit for over 444000 with arcane fusion , of course i do use arcomancy, i have heard of it going higher though like around 600000 with proper buffs on raids , have not seen this myself though yet, i will have to agree i LOVE the wizard changes