New UI suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Razorfall Augur

GINA requires the log to be running, and the many writes required to do this are reducing the lifespan of your SSD/HDD.

That being said addons could be a huge boon to EQ players. And you would not be subject to GINAs security risks :)
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

A confirmation button on housing/guild hall item "Mail to Owner". I've accidentally mailed items to owners when trying to inspect them.

Or even better, add an Inspect button to the Real Estate Items window.
    Angahran and Rijacki like this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, which Daybreak owns but was sunsetted 9 years ago.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

In theory, but no one has ever actually measured such an effect in the real world.
  5. quakedragon Augur

1. hotkey to bring up windows (like group, chat, songs, etc)
    2. template and hotkey, press button to activate fight template it brings up the windows you want during fights.
    3. functional information. ability to use divide multiply, and, or. ex. finding my dps. ex. show my dps AND total healing output
  6. Bernel Augur

As I'm sure everyone knows, open windows can be closed by clicking the Esc key. Like if you have your spellbook open, clicking Esc will close it. If you have a lot of windows open, clicking Esc a lot of times will close them all. But it's a hassle to click esc-esc-esc-esc-esc.... to get all the windows closed. Some groups of windows can be bulk closed with a single key (like inventory), but that will only close that specific group of windows. If you have a variety of windows open, you have to hit Esc over and over to get everything closed. To alleviate this hassle, add a keybind which will close all the windows which have the "'Esc' to close" option set. This way if you have dozens of windows open, clicking a single key would close them all. I would suggest something like Shift-Esc, as Shift is what's used to select all in a stack and would be a natural connection to select all windows.

As an added benefit, you wouldn't lose your target by clicking Esc when trying to close all the windows. The first Esc clears your target, which may not be what you want when you're trying to clear your screen of all the open windows. Having a separate keybind for "close all open windows" would mean your target would not clear when you closed the windows.
    Rijacki and Tatanka like this.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

The UI should be decoupled from the in game rendering. EQ2 works that way. It's been years since EQ graphically taxed my computer, but I well remember picking up hotbuttons and such during client slowdown.

Also the recent hard-coded UI elements are terrible design and should serve as a lesson on what not to do.
    Aenvar likes this.