New UI Causing Crash To Desktop

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Risiko, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Risiko Augur

The issue:
    • Crash to desktop
    Repeatable steps:
    1. Make sure Use New UI setting is checked under Display in the Options
    2. Log in to a bard
    3. Go to Crushbone and attack any orc with bard songs playing
    4. Instant crash to desktop
    How I discovered this issue:
    I have been playing the game a lot as of late, but I decided to play some on my level 7 bard.
    1. Note: I had not played him in a VERY long time, so no idea when this started happening
    2. Grout a group
    3. Went to Crushbone to join them
    4. Note: I ran around buying songs in GFD for a long while with ZERO crashes to desktop before getting the group and gonig to Crushbone
    5. Upon entering Crushbone, I killed 2 mobs at the entrance, and then crashed to desktop while killing the 3rd
    6. I logged back in, kicked current character out of the game, and logged in to character in Crushbone
    7. Instant crash to desktop
    8. I repeated this about FIVE times in a row before trying to diagnose the issue and fix it
    What I did to diagnose the issue:
    1. I switched to full screen ... still crashed to desktop
    2. I turned off all spell effects ... still crashed to desktop
    3. I logged in to another character (dwarf paladin in Kaladim) ... no crash to desktop
    4. Logged in to bard again and reset UI to default .. still crashed to desktop
    5. Unchecked the Use New UI under Display in the options and rebooted the game ... No more crashes to desktop. I played for another 4 hours (I ran an exp pot, so I know it was at least 4 hours) with ZERO crashes to desktop.
    Observations:
    • I do not know what it is about the bard, crushbone, and the new UI, but for some reason I was crashing to desktop non-stop with the new UI turned on
    • I have played on the Oakwynd server since it came up live, and I have only noticed crashes to desktop happening with in the past month or two. In those cases, it was maybe once every two or three hours and other days it was none at all
    • It was only when I played my low level bard in Crushbone that I started getting the repeated non-stop crash to desktop. I don't know if this was a coincidence that just started happening this weekend or if this has to do with the bard, bard songs, Crushbone, or some combination between all of it.