New to everquest

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sancta Lux, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Sancta Lux New Member

Just made a Paladin on Firiona Vie as I like the lore of the class. Paladin's name is same as forum name without the space. Was just curious if anyone had some pointers for me, I am starting off in the tutorial. Hope to meet some good people and enjoy my new experience.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Picaresque Augur

Love the name. Pointers? Start the tutorial and read the pop ups. If you are all access, get a J1 tank mercenary. It will take you into the 60s with your paladin providing DPS and healing as needed.

Enjoy the addiction.
    Miss_Jackie and Sancta Lux like this.
  3. Caell Augur

4. Selerra Journeyman

Welcome to Norrath! :)
    moogs and Sancta Lux like this.
  5. Sancta Lux New Member

Just finished up tutorial and level 12 with new suit of blue armor. I am sure the first few levels must just be bland due fleshing out in later levels. Thanks for the advice on being gold for mercenary and those two guides look like they have a great pathway as I go. Almar's looks like I might need more experience before I understand some of what he is talking about. But I am sure I will donate when the information becomes more appropriate to me. And should I get my feet a little wetter or when is a good time to seek out a guild to join. Also, people send me in game tells that I can not make out what on earth they are saying, this is an English speaking server, correct?
  6. Selerra Journeyman

Oh! You're on Firiona Vie, so there's no "Common" language due to the roleplay aspect. You may want to meet up with some newbie-friendly players and see if you can learn Elven, which I think is the most common language used for communication. It's great that the system allows you to learn most any language, and it just takes time and some repetition to get your language up.
    Sancta Lux likes this.
  7. mattie diesel Journeyman

Welcome to EQ :)

Be aware of the language barrier on RP servers as before said, you may wanna take some repercussions for preparing to deal with it by getting adept in multiple languages.
    Sancta Lux likes this.
  8. Sancta Lux New Member

Just had someone help me out with the language barrier, heh. Taught me Elvish, so I guess I should be good there for now as he said was the server wide language. Also people have been helpful with telling me how to use UI efficiently and gave me some buffs. Actually had someone help me bind in Plane of Knowledge as a central hub. About to continue my journey as I type, thanks for all useful information so far. Was also pointed in the direction of Allakhazam for spells and such. I see there is a huge leanring curve but I hope this game sticks. Seems the community is solid.
    Selerra likes this.
  9. Sancta Lux New Member

Made 30 tonight, wife is home so see you all tomorrow. Any advice given will be read, so please and thanks. Be well new addiction.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Vanish_Point New Member

Leave while you can, they will rob you for gear and power levels you will soon need. Come to Phinny a progression server, gear is easy, xp is on par with live, and you will be needed instead of used. Leave FV asap.
  11. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Hey now. FV has lots of nice peoples. A few scrubs here and there, but that's with any game and server. Just 'cause the few scrubs made the whole server look bad, doesn't mean we're all bad. kthx. =)
    Sancta Lux likes this.
  12. kookoo Augur

LOL, I helped sanctalux and duddles ( and many more all free ) and gave them some advices )as well, they both have already have the fastest mount in game as well **free** and some plats to help them buy some spells , ect,

and I am not the only one there who take some time to give advices and help .

in FV it is 50 % more everytime you log in and killing mobs.

, a task like into the temple b , take about 15min to do for me ( my 5 box and I add another alt that I don't play usually , that's 1237 remnant of tranquility per toon ( x 6 ) over 7k, and the level 75 gear ( can be used up to level 105 when you upgrade the augments ) from the npc in POT are like 5 currency each , and the augments to fit in are cheap as well , I gave away many free , and never ask for plats .

when I log on and off I always mgb , and if see a lower level player close to me I don't ask and buff them , ( shm , mage ds , chanter and druid buffs ),

**** only downside I can see in Firiona vie , is you can't server transfer from there to another server .
    --------------------------------------------
    btw I transferred several toons to FV, 2 years and half ago , and if I had to only choose one server to play , it would be FV.

all the gears who rott in other servers, ** yes you can use for tribute ** but in fv you can use as well for tribute or sell to get plats , or give them for free , ect.

** yes there are some %$$#@@# players there as well , and they might be the same in real life , but there are some in other servers as well.
    Funk and Sancta Lux like this.
  13. kookoo Augur

well there is the language there as well , we need to speak elvish , but , it is only a little nuisance and can be raised pretty fast to 100.

DB could get rid of that imo , do we really need to have that?

** many new players try Firiona vie , and have no clue what s going on, they ask for help or info and don't even know we might not be able to understand them if they can't speak elvish, and don't know about the [tell command .
    Sancta Lux likes this.
  14. Mintalie Augur

Welcome to EQ, I hope your experience is enjoyable.
    Sancta Lux likes this.
  15. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

As someone who has been playing off and on since launch, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how masquerading as a new player would benefit anyone? I really don't understand why someone would do this.

If you're a veteran in disguise who knows how the game works wouldn't it be easier and much more enjoyable to just use your main to farm your alt gear or money? Spending time with a confidence scheme to get people to give me things seems like an enormous waste of time.

Maybe I'm naive but I could make enough conflagrant (or lower level) gear for several alts and not even feel it.
  16. Wicked_old Journeyman

Dude already said he wasn't begging. Am I missing something here or is this a witch hunt. If he is a new player, some of you probably chased him off. If he is in general begging for powerlevel or gear and coin then I get it, lazy bum. But Dud and a couple others, uncalled for accusations and just a little on the you should get out more side.
    Sancta Lux and Mintalie like this.
  17. Wicked_old Journeyman

BTW welcome to everquest Sancta Lux and ignore some of these introverts. As a new player I say avoid forums at all cost, just my 2 cp
  18. kookoo Augur

I helped sanctalux,he seem to be a nice person. I was the one who send him a tell, he didn't ask for anything , he was asking for some advices that I gave him, like many more ** newbie ** or returning players,

I am pretty sure he is a new player , and if not , he can ask me for some more advices and I will be glad to tell him whatever I know.

we need more new players to EQ and will always be glad to help them .

welcome to EQ , the great game .
    moogs, Mintalie and Sancta Lux like this.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

Welcome to EQ :)

I would sugest you join a large “family/casual” style guild asap :).
  20. Sancta Lux New Member

Simple post ESO is to fast for me, I heard about eq, here I am. I have rolled out on some WoW BG's I have seen what Rift had to offer. I am mid 40's and was deployed when EQ launched, sad I missed it. I would like a guild, tried it in ESO, but that is a solo game and then intense fast paced move or die dungeons. I just want something, and as far as I can see, this is it. Sorry I have read every reddit post, sorry I looked for a game I wanted and sorry I found kookoo who taught me elvish, gave me a fast mount, made me give it back for a cheap mount, then told me how to run the UI, if this upsets you that new people come to play, and have an understanding of a game, well shame one you. I am just happy I have met some super people that have helped me understand the set up, and if it must been know gave me spell money in the form of 30kp to fund me. I am just a weathered MMO player coming to a new town. We all know what mobs are, what loot is and how it helps us. If you ever see the HOLY LIGHT begging for anything, well then shame me. But MMO's are mostly the same, I am here because I heard everquest is huge and the first to do it this style. I see WoW robbed many thing form game, but also read there were programmers and such that left this company. Most every game is a repeat from this game tbh. For what it is worth, I am enjoying myself, I can see why other robbed this game for it's worth. Wish there was battlegrounds to kill the boredom of the grind, but all in all, is a great time sink.