New to EQ, Ragefire and Chanter. Advice please.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by kaosmage, May 26, 2015.

1. kaosmage New Member

So I make a Erudite enchanter and Head out to the forest.

I cant kill anything.
    Everything can kill me.
    Did not find any quests from talking to NPC's.
    I have no money.

Please advise :)
  2. Ultrazen Augur

Tox is a rough place to start. I believe there are a lot of mobs actually inside the palace, many of them level 1. It's been ages since I started there so don't recall exactly. Level 1 is rough for most casters other than necros that have a lifetap.

Your experience is pretty much what EQ is, it was never a very solo friendly game (it's much more so now than it used to be). Find a group, stick with it.

Chanters real strong suit, is what they bring to groups. Once you get the mesmerize line of spells, is when the class begins to play as it is capable of. Your role isn't really killing things (although you can once you get charm), it's more about managing things.

At level 2 you can get your pet, but even then, you're not exactly a solo machine.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

Only attempt to kill things that are the same level as you (white), at least until you have a pet. I don't recall any low level mobs inside Erudin in classic; perhaps they were added later with the Exterminator quests?
  4. Brohg Augur

Enchanter pet is lv1, Borek-VS :p
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

You will probably want to take the boat to Qeynos as soon as it's feasible. Get a bind in Qeynos before you do anything else there. You won't really ever have any reason to go back to Erudin, since you should be able to get all your spells in Qeynos as well.

From there you should be able to find groups in Blackburrow, Everfrost and Karanas until you are 30+ if you wanted.

Enchanters can be strong soloers if you know the game well, but they really shine and are most fun in a group setting.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

Sorry, thinking of mage (on Ragefire).
  7. thechacko Elder

Make sure you're getting your animations until you can use charm. The animations aren't great tanks but they can take a few hits while you nuke the mobs down. Even if you are taking the hits they add random amounts of damage output to help speed up your fights.

Stick to blue cons past level 1 (only even cons at level 1). Once you get the first charm spell you can speed up solo quite a bit because you'll be throwing mobs at each other that are equal combat stats. The charms aren't reliable like a mage or necro pet (limited duration) but they are adequate at tanking and if you get a caster, they do use the same spell table as they would fighting you!

Remember to use your invisibility, and lull spells to your advantage. You will quickly find when you get upwards to 24 that enchanters start to become one of the most unique classes in gaming. They are not only the masters of CC in EverQuest but they are able to indirectly amplify the power of their groups through hastening the groups autoattacks, weakening the mobs (and outright stopping them in their tracks), hastening the mana regeneration of casters, and providing the ability to turn a fight that should have been a wipe - into massive exp! A good enchanter is invaluable because they can turn a group of people who don't know what they're doing into "pros" :)

The downside is that you have to want to group with other people. If you want to play solo I would suggest trying the necromancer.
    moogs likes this.
  8. Ultrazen Augur

Sorry I was thinking of Paineel starting area, which has an abundance of level 1 mobs. Tox forest tends to be really rough to start out in, at least it was for me. The boat to Qeynos is not a horrible idea, as that is a very new player friendly starting area.
  9. Nuanil Elder

The level 1 pet spell is a level 1 pet, the level 2 pet spawns as a level 5 pet and can easily subdue mobs that are yellow to you up to level 3 or 4 with a dot or two, use you level 1 dot until you get your level 12 dot (or get a good amount of +int/+mp equipment) the level 4 dot is mana heavy (You can only cast 2 of them if you don't fizzle at level 4 without any stat gear). Once you get fear you can fear kite, using your animation as a dot, but probably want to be level 8 or so due to mana costs.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  10. Fhiele Augur

Go south, to Paineel. Their newbie yard is a great place to level. Sell your robe and buy the pet spell and a tiny dagger. I think its enough to do that. Your power goes up a LOT with the level 1 pet.