New to Druidismism?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Evast, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Evast Lorekeeper

So I've never bothered with a Druid before. I've PL'd one to 75 back in the day, but never did focus on it. Just used it for buffs and more PL'ing.

Thinking of dropping my 3 box crew for the current time, and focusing on a Druid. Question is: With how fast it is to level (and given the free auto-granted AAs), am I better off just leveling a new Druid? Or are they easy enough to pick up on that I can burn a Heroic on?
  2. Ninelder Augur

With the recent nerfs you are going to be in for a slow, slow grind. There are many things you wont even be able to attempt in the last few expansions, as most things summon. You will be able to do a lot in earlier expansions, but then so can every other class. And the other classes have a lot more capability in latter expansions as well. I would save my money and play the low level game, it goes by fast enough and you will at least have some fun before hitting the solo-druid ceiling at latter levels.
  3. Evast Lorekeeper

Well it wouldn't be strictly solo. I'd molo and solo accordingly, and pray above all else for groups. I just want to go to focusing on only 1 toon for the most part. As for saving money - I have 3 Heroics to burn. 1 on each account :p
  4. Ninelder Augur

That's the problem for moloing. Past level 70 tank mercs are useless. And especially for a druid who has for the majority of the game been pinned down with longest casting time spells of any class, you are going to want the spell haste that only comes from clerics or OP cleric mercs.

Unlike other classes you won't really be able to tank anything, your AC stat is useless. Even raid geared druids still take max damage from trash mob hits. You also have no runes that allow other casters to tank with a healer merc.

So its kite or nothing. And the further into the game you go, the rarer the spots are for you to kite, much less do anything like progression. Also major boredom.
    Perplexed likes this.
  5. Dawdle Augur

Long time druid here and I can honestly say that for awhile this class was fun again. I can't get past not being able to do anything though. Like Ninelder said it's boring.
    I feel like my raid gear was a waste on this toon and though I over came the DoT nerf to continue doing the only thing that I could I am completely blocked by progression.
    I think every reason that I liked being a Druid is pretty much gone from the game and Rangers are doing everything we do anyway. Yeah I got great heals finally, always wanted those heals, for years, but here's the thing, there aren't that many grps anymore.

EoK Raid geared, 16k AA. Rarely ever see anyone in game during my time zone. Will grind AA's until I either max them out or get board as.
    Only thing I can really do well? Plvl toons up to 85. Was boxing a Wizard but going to switch this to a Pally and hope for the best. Just don't have the AC to even DoT and Heal between summons. Lol, my OP cleric merc even has better buffs and so do Rangers.