New to Bard -

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Louie, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Louie New Member

Good evening all,
    I just restarted my account after a 5+ year break from the game. I decided to roll a bard, which i have never played before. My question is my main priority to start? Do i buy a drum, flute, lute, and horn right away? Or will i really only be using 1 of them? They seem to be important from what I can tell.

Where will I most likely find my first magical weapon? Starting in Fay.

Anything else i should know right away?

Less than 2 days!!
    Thanks!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Weebles Augur

You want a drum at 5 (selo’s) and lute at 6 (hymn). One of those two wil be in your offhand basically until you get your epic, and even then a lot of the time after that. Flute you just want to raise wind skill since it is used for charm and mez, and you need it for various songs like invis. Brass you almost never focus via horn, but you’ll still want a horn for skillups so you can sing the songs. I think your earliest magical weapon is going to be screaming mace from crushbone, but not 100% sure on that. I know crookstinger drops in lfay but im pretty sure the mob is rare.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

For magic weapons one simple option is buying a Combine weapon from various Antonican vendors. They cost about 40 plat. Just save up your early level spare change before you head to Unrest.
  4. ShivanAngel Augur

Understand and embrace that an instrument in your offhand will benefit the group 100000x more then a weapon...

Even when you have your epic, you should atill be using an instrument..
  5. a_librarian Augur

Mages can summon daggers at level one that count as magical weapons if you find yourself super desperate.
  6. Firesyde424 Journeyman

Another option would be one of the most obscure bard songs called Magical Monologue. You get it at level 9 and playing it will make your weapons magical.
    Fallfyres and Xyroff-cazic. like this.