New TLP: Tallon Zek 2.0

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by norrathWithout order, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Moege Augur

Go read the test patch notes for January, then realize that it takes developer time to setup maintain/servers. Now realize that you are asking people to give up developer time that could be spent fixing bugs into making a pvp server. It affects everyone thus one part of the hate.

So tell me what do you think players on live/current tlp's should give up so you can have your pvp server ?
  2. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Do you think a timelocked server would be better for keeping numbers up or does adding new content every 3 monthas keep numbers up and how do new or returning players compete if they leave the game for some time and return ?

when p99red was locked in kunark it seemed like people could come and go and still be viable in pvp.. when velious came out and not having full raid gear meant you were a trashcan the numbers seemed to die off and never recover...
  3. Vexn Elder

Classic thru PoP with 2 month unlocks and upon reaching Planes of Power for 2 months it resets back to classic. Throw in some rewards for PvP and it would be perfect.
    NinjutsuMMO likes this.
  4. NinjutsuMMO Augur

i like thjat idea, kind of like seasons which p99 is doing now with blue server via teal and green, or diablo 3 even, seasons seem to unite old and new players, great concept
  5. Brawl Elder

Bring on a PvP TLP server! I know many people that are waiting for it - and we've been waiting way too long. Stop releasing the same crap over and over.
    ECrack, Vexn and NinjutsuMMO like this.
  6. Mephits New Member

I was going to write something similar but this person has already done it. Spot on.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  7. ECrack Augur

This is the worst argument I see over and over. Of course its dead, pvp in live era is horrendous. And don't compare Red99 to what numbers live would have. The reason Red99 died was due to it being literal classic exp rates. Level 20 if you hard grind for a month straight. Add pvp on that, yeah that's disgusting.

What we're talking about is PvP on a TLP. Fast exp, no corpse runs, etc.

Also here is the thing I keep hearing "No Balance in EQ PvP". The game is an adaptation of D&D. It's supposed to be a realistic immersion into a fantasy world. It is "realistic" that a group of bandits uses numbers to kill or even just mug a couple of adventurer's for their coin. (Zek originally would take one item as well).

This is why it's fun. Constantly looking over your shoulder (putting /who on your left and right arrows) using invisibility for players not just npc's, constantly casting see invis on yourself. THIS is the dangerous world ONLY EQ pvp can accomplish.

The problem with other games is it IS balanced. It's the warzone's and battle grounds that ruin the immersion.

Anyways, tangent over LOL got passionate there for a second. My bad masses. Y'all can insert "never gonna happen comment" now.
    Kittany and Mephits like this.
  8. PVPme Augur

A fresh new PvP TLP would be amazing.
    Brawl likes this.
  9. Brunlin Augur

I like the idea except for the flag above level 5 which is how sullon zek did it...and i think that was its down fall......I prefer 8 level restriction like Tallon and Vallon had....you can attack or be attack by anyone within 8 levels of you....otherwise level 50 wizards would just aoe down a bunch of people. You should always have some form of teams as well as Rallos zek servers dont do very well. Can we say p99 Red.
    Brawl likes this.
  10. Brawl Elder

Tallon & Vallon is where it's at
  11. Silver-Crow Augur

Really a pvp tlp should be left at classic, with no expacs.
    The world is still plenty big, gear isn't that amazing so isn't a massive advantage and a cap of lvl 50 means you don't have to worry about levelling too much, and stick to the ganking.

Of course, the pvp game will never work, simply because of the gank teams warping to you as soon as you step out of town. Until the cheating is sorted PVP is a dead duck.
  12. PVPme Augur

Yeah, a PVP TLP shouldn't go past level 70 imo. Even after level 60 it starts to get a little out of hand since they never really did anything to adjust the game for PvP sadly.
  13. Runes Augur

Community back when EQ Pvp servers existed was a far less toxic and money driven community than now. PvP in EQ will only lead to griefers with their small epeens ruining leveling for others, trying to lock down camps and epic and key progressions to sell for money and krono.

The argument that you will have to deal with it and come up with ways to combat will not work for 80% of the people playing a single toon because you will have boxers running heavy dps groups that will face plant most players.

Or you will just get a guild that eventually controls the server and everyone will just join it and the server will be a ghost town.

Take a look at the Pvp imbalances happening now in Wow for a clue of what would happen in EQ, whole servers are dwindling because of what PvP imbalances bring.

Go play on a current zek server now and bring your entire guild so when better players roll you, you can have your chance to " figure it out" and beat them.
  14. Maneuvre Augur

This is already happening on TLPs. But imagine if a botter couldn't be afk anymore.