NEW TLP SERVER IDEAS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PIERRE STEUBEN, Feb 9, 2018.

1. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

New TLP SERVER.
    1. Classic-RoS and further.
    2. 90 expansion unlocks.
    3. Full on Boxing like Ragefire
    4. Most loot fully tradeable outside epics and others.
    5. Instances.
    6. Firiona Vie server experience modifier.

Comment YES or NO if you would or would not like to see a server like this.
  2. Poledo_EQ Elder

I want something that stops at Velious. Keeps ports valuable and I really loved the EC trading as the best place for commerce. Although it really needs to be old EC/WC zones not the revamped ones, ugh!
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

No

Everything except the 90 day unlocks. Let's go with 14 day unlocks, get the server moving quickly. Or instantly unlocking the next expansion upon raid completion. I'd love to see how quickly we see guilds crush through content. Hopefully it'd get us through Classic-Velious in the first week or so.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No thank you :D
  6. MaxTheLion Augur

2) Communicate constructively
    - It is important for any communication, whether between players or directly with Daybreak Games employees, to be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary distract from or otherwise reduce the visibility of valuable communication and discourages others from participating in the conversation.

A few examples of non-constructive communication are as follows:

• Polling/Petitioning – The creation of petitions or polls are not permitted in Daybreak Games communications channels.
    Felicite, Nolrog and snailish like this.
  7. The Hated One Augur

8. snailish Augur

So many versions of this discussion, fun I guess but mostly a pointless circle.

When the time is right there will likely be a Phinny 2.0. Evidence suggests no need to change any of rules from what Phinny 1.0 is.

Any other server that isn't a special event is a much longer-odds bet in my opinion.

Maybe if Agnarr shows people will continue to pay to play well into the locked era they attempt something else there, but we are a few years away from proof-of-concept.

Maybe if a quirky special event is such a success they roll-out a similar progression after (this is the only route I see progression PVP ever happening for example).

The one ruleset they could launch anytime (but will wait till Agnarr locks at least imo) is a tweak on the Combine/Sleeper progression ruleset: racing unlocks to progress the server era, no agents of change or load balancing, no voting, normal for era xp, normal loot rules and flip a coin but they'd probably do it truebox. This ruleset could easily be a perpetual event in that you earn rewards for winning the races, the characters all dump into a live server and the race starts over. This doesn't appeal to me at all, but I think there is enough of a playerbase that would love this that it would stay busy many cycles.
  9. Death Strudel Augur

In b4 lock. YES.
  10. Nolrog Augur

90 day expansion locks are way too long.
  11. Felicite Augur

How about a new expansion opens every 90 minutes?
    Nolrog likes this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

LOL. That may be a little too short. Something in between. 90 is OK for the bigger expansions, but for LoY, LDoN, DoN, PoR and maybe even DoDh, it will kill the server. I've had several friends stop playing on Phini because of the lack of things to do. Way too long.
    ECrack likes this.
  13. jack of all trades Elder

Better Idea: Server opens at Planes of Power. 12 week unlocks. Instanced content. None of this truebox nonsense. Firiona tradeable items. $$$$
  14. Death Strudel Augur

Not sure I like the FV items part. Having seen the lunatics on Agnarr during classic/kunark, I'm fairly certain this would be frustrating. Unless I were running a 24-box group, then it'd be awesome.
  15. snailish Augur

The opposite of FV loot code may accomplish more, if everything but tradeskill made things is no drop a lot of content "lives" longer. You can still sell loot rights but it would become a much bigger hassle.

A server with that probably needs some other "hardcore challenge" aspects, maybe a reduced level cap in era, server-wide DPS debuff, character per account limit, reduced XP.

Might pair nicely with the "racing unlock" style.
  16. BearmanSW Elder

Anything to make the early game content (classic - PoP) non-trivial would get my vote.

Increase mob HP by 25%, reduce player damage by 25%, create instanced raids where you can scale up the toughness of the mob and get increased loot as a result...anything that makes group and raid content more challenging.

Make #necrodotsmatter again.
  17. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Dis plan not work way you think. Guild just bring even more foodpersons to kill mobs. Already too many people in raids, most busy play with body parts and watch movie.

Perhaps other, better way to make necro dot matter again.
  18. BearmanSW Elder

For the group game, I think this will work fine, but I see your point in the raiding game.

Maybe, the mob should automatically tune to the number of people in your raid (instanced only, of course) and then you should be able to pick a difficulty level (easy / med / hard / super) that adds and additional buff. The combination of the mob_boosts directly impacts the probability of "better" loot.

Basically, just steal the loot generator from Diablo 3.
  19. malaki Augur

Best idea is to not have another TLP for awhile and not spread the TLP population even thinner than it already is.
    snailish likes this.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Aren't like... 2 of the 3 most populated servers TLP?