New servers ARE seasonal- silver lining

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barder-mangler, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Barder-mangler Augur

Unpopular opinion- the new servers are really the seasonal servers so many people have been asking for, if you approach them as such. I play every TLP from launch and then usually I quit around Luclin/pop. Incidentally, I spend hundreds on bags/pots etc (I am not defending or trying to explain why I do this, but I do lol). I probably average around 300-500 in extra store purchases each launch.

Maybe daybreak looked at the numbers and there are enough people like me, that it simply made the most financial sense to offer this type of server? My only gripes with the past round of TLPs were the excess botting and kronolords, and they’ve decided to take a stance on this, so kudos there.

Maybe label them as such (seasonal) and give people the opportunity to transfer at the end of their cycle to another server (Mangler etc)?
    Heck, make people pay $30 to transfer, capitalize! With some end of server tweaks 1 or both of these servers could become something much better and appease (mostly) everyone.
  2. Azurefrost Elder

Interesting idea would have this PoP locked server continue as planned, but after a year and this server has reached the end of its content cycle start up a new TLP that starts where the previous one left off and allow transfers from servers at or before its content level. That way people wanting to stop at PoP can either stay on the server or be merged with Agnarr and those who still want to progress could transfer to the new server starting at later point. Hell the new server could even start at classic again, but have a catch up mechanic like selo where xp is fast and unlocks are quick through PoP and the. Switch to a slower schedule and allow transfers from PoP or sooner progressed servers.
  3. Vicus Augur

So no leaderboard, no rewards for completing the previous seasons, just a clone of another server with Gm's around to be a show of force, then we pay 30$ to them to get off the server? And you would pay for this? Man no wonder the devs think they can get away with anythng.
  4. Sikkun Augur

I’d put them as seasonal, add some type of leaderboard system, then after 1-2 years allow transfer to Aggnar (maybe keep a second one if you want truebox/non truebox).

Then launch a new seasonal that will end the same way, rinse and repeat.
  5. Barder-mangler Augur

This is a discussion Vicus, and those are great ideas! I really like the leaderboard and seasons rewards concept. They remarkably changed mangler/selos rules prior to launch, so with some campaigning I think we could see the same thing done here.

I’m just thinking that these servers are not really too bad, assuming they make some adjustments.
  6. Arclyte Augur

How does locking them in PoP make them "seasonal"?

If people are going to leave during PoP, how does locking it there make a difference?
  7. snareclicky New Member

everyone leaves after pop, they will dump into agnarr or agnarr into aradune maybe riz too. hopefully the dump server will be ftp.
    hopefully they will make a leader board or a seasonal reward then just clone the server and have it reset every other year or so as a season