New server announcement feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Arrk Augur

The 2 Box GM Support server is the right stuff on Aradune.. the pop-lock is the wrong thing
    Foaming likes this.
  2. Basak Augur

I can't non-trubox on Mangler though.
  3. XavierSelos New Member

I cancelled my subscription upon reading that the server will be PoP-locked.
    Foaming, topple and Karango like this.
  4. Runes Augur

I really wanted to get to Berserker as a class to play..if they will lock at POP at least open zerkers from start.
  5. Daber's New Member

lots of people play past people, in fact EQ starts to become really fun once SoF hits.
  6. Daber's New Member

lol...…...don't you 6 box anyway.....mr prison guard.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

As somebody keen to raid the expansions beyond PoP these server rulesets are fantastic.

Feel free to stick around and do GoD and OOW for something different.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Speaking for the guild I am currently in, which has never used boxes regularly, it has of course on occasion needed to when sickness or holidays depleted key classes but in general boxing on raids wasn't necessary & right now we are often having days of benched players as the raids are full.

My former guild on Phinigel which disbanded in SoF was a low-player number guild that often beat content with bare minimum numbers did use a couple of boxes regularly but it was fairly low amounts & that was after Gates of Discord.
    Maybe 6-7 players boxed at most (1-2 regular Cleric boxes, 2 full-time Shaman boxes, 2 occasional Bard boxes & 1 enchanter boxed when needed was typical).
    Bullsnooze and Zinth like this.
  9. Rhaistlinn New Member

Want my Feedback ? Don't Lock at POP if you do i wont play Thanks for Nothing DPG
    Foaming and Karango like this.
  10. dwiguslowater Journeyman

I was very bummed when it became clear that neither server would have fv loot rules, but I'm actually thrilled about the PoP locks. Naturally, these servers will end up beaten and top heavy and the population will dip like Agnarr eventually, but they'll be a blast for the next year or two. The ascent through PoP is the fun part for the majority of TLP players. And I'm super excited to box without restriction in a PoP locked world on Rizlona
  11. Galaras Lorekeeper

I would just like to second this. I loved Coirnav but Mangler/Selo's effectively killed the server. I've been waiting to come back to EQ thinking that this next round of servers might actually be the server I'd really prefer. Instead we get a retread of Agnarr that literally nobody here was requesting. Greatly disappointed and guess I'll check back in a year or two when Darkpaw decides/realizes that yes, we really do want a FV TLP and no I don't RMT.

As an aside, maybe at this point we should surmise that Daybreak/Darkpaw might not have the actual ability of replicating/creating a FV TLP?
    Karango likes this.
  12. A player New Member

New servers look great to me. Long Live Mangler!!!
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Zinth Augur

If it is so fantastically popular, where are the people on Agnarr? All those that had skills and could finish PoP "in era so to speak" have done so and left, back are 3 feeder guilds or so, but they don't have any guilds to feed into... Yup super fantastically popular, a pure winner...
  14. Zinth Augur

Not sure what the heck you are talking about? Phinny is in TDS... It is GREAT boxing in, finished all progression with a 3box setup, so where does it become annoying to box? EoK? RoS? ToV?
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Xeris Augur

You're honestly dumb if you think the population of Agnarr in 2020 reflects its popularity as a server and concept. Agnarr was insanely populated during it's run. It had almost 30 active raiding guilds, which afaik makes it one of, if not the most populated TLP servers.

Also, within the past 3 months the population of Agnarr has almost doubled. My guild since January has recruited over 100 new players and seen dozens more returning players. I think Agnarr has a pretty significant staying power that can and has shown an ability to retain hundreds of players 2 years after it's progression ended.

Also- the fact that 2 new TLPs are advertised as pop locked shows us that DBG has some insight into what it's userbase wants. If Agnarr wasn't a HUGE success for them, they wouldn't be releasing two more similar servers.

There's never going to be a TLP that has thousands of players so far into its run, let alone when progression stops.
  16. Zinth Augur

Well we use 1 box at some raids (enchanter, since 1 enchanter isn't enough) we also sport full 54 man raids most days here in TDS... 0 boxes. The players IN the guild have plenty boxes though, some have none, so I guess that's like ~150 active accounts for 1 of the guilds on the server
    Whoops and Skuz like this.
  17. Hendar Augur

I don't know. But what I do know is that every one of those boxes paid to be on that server (either via sub, or buying Krono from someone). Ultimately Phinny made more money with boxes than without.

I didn't care for the truebox part. I did 6-box (with separate machines!) just to prove that it could be done. It doesn't look like I will be buying any Krono in the upcoming months (or bags, or potions)
    Foaming likes this.
  18. Chopsuey Augur

As someone that was hoping for something new and fresh. Both servers being pop locked was really disappointing to hear. Hard pass. Will check back next feb/march to see if they do more of the same.
  19. Tanadien Journeyman

I just don't know why they announce and think PoP and LDoN are a stopping point on most servers. People quit because of LDoN. I am kind of confused why they think LDoN is the best thing ever, it is literally a filler expansion that nobody remembers besides having to farm 5000 dungeons to max your charm augment.
  20. Orsenfelt Journeyman

Don't really see the appeal in the PoP-lock. Players can already (and do) just stop when it gets to the newer expansions, maybe even offer transfers to Agnarr when PoP unlocks on new TLPs for those that really don't want to go further.

Locking from the start I think just limits the appeal, I personally can't get hyped to start a character knowing there's a hard ceiling like that.

Can't lie, kind of feels like the PoP-locks are a way to make sure they aren't really committing a GM in the long term.
    Foaming, Whoops and Karango like this.