New Selos and Mangler Rule Sets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protagonist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Ceffener Augur

If everyone leaves by month two Phinny, Coirnav, Agnarr, Ragefire, and Lockjaw must have 0 players on them currently.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

They do.
  3. HJC0083 Journeyman

I never said that everyone leaves, I was talking specifically about my friends. There is a core of players that will remain, of course, but I think It's pretty clear that a large chunk of the playerbase is gone by partway through month 2. Maybe that core is the only group that should be catered to, I've just always suspected that player retention would be higher with a shorter vanilla EQ period or starting with multiple expansions. The good news is that there is an alternative in the form of Selos this time. I'm not crazy about the fast XP, but it will have to do. I hope all you Mangler players have fun.
  4. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Should be far less painful to level alts this time around, which I would imagine means the mid levels stay healthy for longer, groups are easier to come by, and that becomes a viable way to pass the time while waiting for more content to unlock. At least, that's what I hope. Most I knew from Coirnav just stuck to their mains because they dreaded the thought of leveling all over again and that's what lead to boredom, at least from what I saw personally.
    Trevalon likes this.
  5. Trevalon Augur

Agree with this. I found on Phinny the main reason people left our guild before the end of Classic was either it was too slow EXP for them to hit 50 or they hit 50 didnt like their character as much as they thought and it was too painful to level another.

I think with the fast EXP people will be more likely to make and level alts and so they will be more likely to stick around longer.

The more interesting time will be see what happens on a super fast EXP server once people have 5 or 6 alts, will they keep playing or quit? I suspect having more options for max level raiding will keep more people playing than quiting, but well have to wait and see (this will be for both Selo AND Mangler)
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  6. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Yea it'll be interesting to see. Personally I think that Mangler strikes a good balance in that (at least at launch) you won't be able to get alts maxed out TOO quickly, but it'll go by quickly enough that people won't get burnt out. I just remember experiencing a negative feedback loop on Coirnav where I'd make an alt, start leveling, get to ~40 or so, and then discover that there were no groups or even people to try to put a group together with. Even on my enchanter I couldn't progress, so I had no choice but to just give up, which was yet another person removed from the mid level pool. I suppose I could've paid Krono for a PL, but that's just not fun for me. I much prefer to level myself and learn (or refresh) as I gain levels so that I don't suck later on. I'll definitely be interested to know how Selo's super fast XP effects that server. Maybe not as much because faster unlocks, but who knows?
    Trevalon likes this.
  7. HJC0083 Journeyman

A big reason for not wanting to level alts in classic is because of the extremely limited leveling options for 40+. You're pretty much stuck in LGUK King/Lord/Frenzied area, SolB bugs/efreeti area, or worse, OOT elite goblins.
  8. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

And you're definitely correct about limited spots in classic. My experience with this was actually in Kunark with several more spots open. Also tried again in Velious with even MORE spots to level, and it was every bit as dead. I'm just hoping the mid levels stay lively longer, I actually enjoy leveling through some of the later content.
    HJC0083 likes this.
  9. PwnQuest Augur

The Hole isn't terrible, but yeah there are not a ton of options 40+.
    HJC0083 likes this.
  10. HJC0083 Journeyman

You're right, I forgot about the hole. I have to say that a lot of times in PUGs I wind up leaving that place with less XP that I started with, but it is definitely an option! It's very good with a well assembled group.
  11. Phinigel New Member

Putting this out there for data (assuming there are any employees left at DBG that "get it"), not for drama. 23 subscriptions are gone from me because of this. I literally have zero interest in supporting DBG anymore. They continue to disregard a significant portion of their community (FV). These servers are beyond disappointing.
  12. Protagonist Tank

You're not posting this for drama or attention. So you genuinely believe they gather their subscription numbers by random forum posts, rather than just...you know...looking at them.

We really need to fix public school funding, folks.
    Genoane likes this.
  13. Phinigel New Member

Given that they offer zero feedback features for players who massively unsubscribe from their products, yes....I think that posting this here is better than nothing as any company of this size likely has analytical tools that will parse like this in 0.5 seconds.

That ad-hominem fallacy really drives your point home by the way. Thanks for contributing.
  14. Doze Augur

This is just screaming for a "CIHYS?" comment, but seriously ... can I? :D

Having gotten that out of my system then I have to admit that this round of TLPs doesn't really offer anything I can see myself spending time or money on either. Which is sad since I was actually looking forward to a mindblowing 20th anniversary Progression server. Oh well.
  15. SunDrake Augur

What is the mindblowing 20th TLP for you, Doze?
  16. SunDrake Augur

I only ask that because Selo's got their overwhelming preference. Mangler got theirs. What was left out, for you?
  17. Protagonist Tank

You just proved you haven't unsubbed. When you do, you're emailed a survey with an opportunity to ramble your nimble bot-writing fingers away on how your vidjya game life is unfulfilled without a personal server catering to your desire to single player an MMO.

But that doesn't get the same visceral, drama queen joy as flouncing out in a big tearful drama sperg on the forums, so I get why you keep coming back here.
  18. Rotlust Augur

People are re-subbing their accounts (like me). 25 and counting that I know of. When you ignore stupid feedback like killing truebox, and listen to the sane customers . . . you get more.

Posts like this are silly. Stop trying to hijack these servers with threats and numbers you just pulled out of your lower cavity.

also @devs

make it Six weeks for content rich expacs like god, please. Otherwise selo is magnificent .

Even hardcore no life guilds will soon fall behind on expacs like that, and I feel one of the major perks for such a sever is to experience all content we missed at a reasonable pace. This will become impossible with flag heavy expansions fairly quickly. should be six week per expac base (while rolling LoY into PoP)
    skattabrainz likes this.
  19. ShivanAngel Augur

GoD doesnt have a level increase, it has like 20AA for most classes, and a linear progression line that leads to what is viewed as one of the lamest end game raids to date.

Luclin will be 7 weeks

PoP will be 12

OoW for all intensive puproses will be 8 (DoN has like 5 raids and will be cleared the day it drops). Not to mention we will be at level 70 FOREVER! (16 weeks iirc).
    Yinla likes this.
  20. malaki Augur

Luclin is 6 weeks and change, PoP will actually be 14 weeks due to how Wednesdays work out.