New? Returning? Want some help?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sangcreux, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Sangcreux Journeyman

[A Little Background]
    Hey everyone,

I played Everquest back in the day until around 02. Sadly, I moved on with my life and quit for a long time. Now I've come back, and feel even more in love with the game. For various reasons, I have started from scratch on the Bristlebane server. I play a Vah Shir, Bard, by the name of Vyrath.

[Why I'm Posting]
    The most intimidating thing about getting back into Everquest was doing it alone. While the community is helpful, it makes a huge difference to have a handful of people you can go to for questions, advice, or help in general. I don't know an extensive amount about the game anymore, but I know enough to get you from point A to B, especially if you're just starting out again. I'm posting to give some players somewhere to go, and someone to befriend if they feel it would make their Everquest experience that much richer.

[What I Can Offer]
    While I may not be throwing bags full of platinum and full sets of Defiant gear at you, I will try my best to help out anyone in monetary/gear ways as long as I have some extra. I don't want to speak for my guild, <Steel Faith>, but they have been great to me and very helpful. I'm sure that if you asked one of the officers, they would take you in, and you'd get even more help. I'm basically offering someone a place to call their home. I see a lot of 'Which Server' threads. Why not Bristlebane? We're a high populated server, with a great community. And after reading this, if you decide to add me, you've already got a buddy to hang out with.

Hope I get a chance to meet some of the new and returning players!

Vyrath, Bristlebane.
    crystilla likes this.
  2. moogs Augur

Come on, folks. A round of applause is in order. We like to see our returning players giving back to the community by lending a hand to the newbies.

And Bristlebane is a good server.
  3. Leesha New Member

I think this is an excellent post! I am returning to EQ after a long 8 year break and it is nice to see someone trying to be helpful and friendly!
  4. Sangcreux Journeyman

Thank you! Just trying to help out where help is needed.
  5. Gazook Datzall New Member

You rock! I am fresh back as well, from around the same time period. Having so much fun. This game has aged so well. Took a magician from 13 (where I left him in 2003 I think) to 48 over a few days, taking my time and meeting some great folks. I think my Troll Shaman is 54 or 56... and i will be starting back on him soon too.

Anyway, great to be back and once again cheers for the willingness to help some folks out. It's that community driven sentiment that I missed so much about EQ.
    crystilla and Sangcreux like this.
  6. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

I am also open to helping anyone on Vox.

I've been learning as I go along, but basic questions I can handle, as well as give out some 10 slot backpacks if needed.

Just send a tell to Senlainae, the crazy high elf with a rabbit hat on!
  7. gummab New Member

just the other day i was on utube and came across some old eq footage@music samples,and it made me all sad(lol)
    i would like to come back,but i really don't know if it feels the same as it used to.
    so to my question, does it feel and play and most of all is the community the same as its was between 2000-2004?
  8. Sangcreux Journeyman

It's been a while so there are changes. Some things are easier, some things are just different. But it's still Everquest. And the community is amazing. I don't regret coming back at all. I just wanted to try it out a few weekends ago, and now I'm stuck. :)
  9. Lkan New Member

Sangcreux i do apprediate your post. I will try and get a hold of you in game. I am just returning after being gone since about 2007.. I started playing in the LDON era. During my playing time I created numerous characters between 2 accounts.. I used to Box when not raiding.. But i tell ya since getting both accounts back up and running, damn it is amazing how much i have forgot and how much has changed. It will be nice to pick your mind and hopefully things will come back to me. I did select bristlebane thinking that was where i was when i left.. Was on Sol Ro originally. My main at the time I left is a level 80 war with about 1600 AA and has all raid gear.. Altho I would imagine all that gear maybe upgraded pretty easy now.. Ugh so much has changed..

I do have one question. I am pretty sure I will go the gold route and the game says i have 17 or 19 expansions. If I buy the latest expansion will I also be getting the 18th expansion? I am not sure what expansions gave the last level increase.. Also my war does have his epic 1.5..Can u group or solo the 2.0? or did they increase the epics past 2.0?
  10. moogs Augur

Yes. Veil of Alaris bumped the level cap to 95, and Rain of Fear bumped it to 100.
  11. Borek-VS Augur

Being able to get easy and cheap upgrades in the Bazaar is a good thing for your ability to catch up.

Free/Silver/Gold gets you to HoT (90); buying RoF gets you VoA (95) and RoF (100) in addition.

You need a raid group (i.e. 6 characters in two groups or more) to get a raid instance for Anguish, and mercs aren't allowed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if people have been soloing Anguish for some time (with passive raid members), although I am sure that it is class specific. If you can get the orbs from Anguish, then all the rest is soloable.

Epic 2.0 can get an upgrade to 2.5 with an augment, from raids in Dreadspire Keep (Depths of Darkhollow). Very rare drops, and the raid mechanics are annoying.
  12. Tegila Augur

people have been soloing anguish for abotu 3 years or more, and i am pretty sure yo udo NOT need to be in a raid just have 6 toons to get teh expedition, havent gone in teh last 6 months so i forget. only some raids do you have to have in raid format thesedays.

as for 2.5 onyl some classes really need theirs as the effects were increased on i think 7 of the 16 while the other 9 were jsut stat/dmg increases, which are obsoleted by 80
  13. TheBBP New Member

Hi folks. Just to be clear... If I subscribe and buy Rain of Fear, I will have all access to everything? Also, OP, your welcome is very warm. Is Bristlbane a PVE or PVP server? I may take you up on your offer.
  14. Riou EQResource

Yes, Bristlebane is also PVE
  15. TheBBP New Member

Thank you Riou.
  16. Borek-VS Augur

RoF gives you access to all content and levels and game features (apart from those features restricted by Free/Silver).

The only PvP server is Zek.
  17. Elmoon Apprentice

Bristlebane it is. I am returning to EQ after, at least 6 years possibly more. I have played the tutorial on another server to get a feel for the all this new stuff flying at me lol.
    But I wanted to get right back in it now and start growing and making some new friends and allies.
    Thanks for the post and the info Vyrath.
  18. Naeelin New Member

It's great to see a fellow veteran returning. This will be my first time setting foot in Norrath in I don't know how long. Well, the last expansion, which was Shards of Velyos, or something like that... But I don't find returning alone intimidating. It gives me the chance to sit, look around and say "Hey!! I remember that!!" and all the other fond memories. By the way, Bristlebane was my old server too, so we'll probably run into each other at some point. :)
  19. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

Glad you started playing, but a shame you didn't come to Vox and check out my Spring player event! :(

Happy Adventuring!
  20. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

I wanted to just add a comment here, as I have had a few players send me a tell in game that they have seen my post here and it is why they came to Vox.

Yes, we are a new server (a year old) but don't let that scare you away. Some people feel comfortable getting on an already established server but it can be overwhelming and a little scary.

I can honestly say, on Vox, Crescent Reach has been VERY packed the last two weekends. We do have our share of the chat channel you-know-whats, but I can count 10 times more helpful things than trollish ones.

We don't have many guilds from what I can see (going by the same ones always announcing and the few on the boards) but don't let that bother you either. New ones are always sprining up, and I'm sure you can get one together with like minded people you meet!

Personally, I have been playing on Vox now for 2 weeks. Last time I played EQ was back in ... 2004 I believe. I started losing interest when PoP was out, and quit when OoW came out. I moved onto other games like WoW and EQ2, LoTRO as well as CoX. It wasn't until recently with being on the Station Access Pass and the F2P that I came back.

I decided to start fresh on a new server, as I knew there was no way I could handle trying to get back into my old one, Stromm. And all I have come across are helpful and kind people on Vox.

I've seen the community come together though my spur of the moment Spring Celebration I held last weekend. Anonymous donations from Pain and Glory for prizes (items and Krono), even other players came up and gave me itemsa dn coin to give away! My Scavenger Hunts had people scrounging around, and meeting together for buffs at the main bank in PoK, free and for fun.

So please, give Vox a try. Even if you are a returning or new player, just check us out. Keep an eye out for a Bunny Elf though, that's me! I am more than happy to give out bags if you need some help, or a bit of coin to get you on your feet. Just /tell Senlainae and I will do what I can!