New raid progression Idea - Going Foward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redrum_Redrum, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Redrum_Redrum Augur

There has been slot of discussion lately involving progression and how lower to middle tier guilds have difficulty progressing and enjoying all the raids an expansion has to offer.
    Have the devs ever though of using a tiered mode of difficulty. This is not like the old hard mode where you have less in the raid but something a bit unique.

Example as follows
    Create 10 raids per expansion.
    Tune each raid as if a 36, 54, 72 man raid was doing the event.
    Easy Mode - Tune down the ae's, emotes, damage etc. Allows almost any guild to see the event, progress into the event and gain gear. The chest would drop only 1 viable, 1 non viable and 1 spell.
    Normal mode - This would be tuned as normal with all normal chest drops etc.
    Hard Mode - Increase of ae damage, NPC damage, increase of NPC hp, maybe faster add spawn rate and increase of amount of adds in general. Chest would drop Tier 2 equivalent gear.

They could have keys drop to flag you for the harder event with some set requirement of 6 wins per mode on each event. The easy mode requirement could be skipped and not require higher end guilds to do.

Now I listed 10 raids per expansion here would be the kicker. All 9 raids would be in the tiered set and after x set wins in Hard Mode it would unlock the 10th raid. The 10th raid would be tuned like the Original Plane of War pre nerf raid making it a challenge for almost all guilds. This raid would drop special non vis items as well as special visables. The special visables would have a unique name, but the same stats as the Hard Mode gear. With the unique name when the developers create the next expansion this gear would change into that first tier (Normal Mode) gear whatever they rename it to.

Some may say that's not fair to pre gear into a next expansion but a god mode raid that may only be beatin 10-15 times would give those elite guilds somethingto bang there head on for 6 months where they normally get burnouts. The raid could even be created in a way like HA's where there is 5-6 types so the event changes every time you run it.

Just some thoughts flame away....
  2. Xnao Augur

I could never flame you.

However last time this was suggested I think a dev stated that each version of a raid required the same amount of time as the original, which was their reason for not doing it.

Then again, recently I thought about the amount of time they spend adjusting events post launch. Whci I cannot help but feel that is equivalent to the amount of time it takes to make a couple extra raids. So maybe they make one alternate version of each raid and then release all raids as is.

I bet that could work.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed. I'm not sure the Dev time to do even this exists any more.
    Like it or not, EQ essentially got sold to the knackers.
    -R
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Didn't they try this in Seeds of Destruction (Korafax), I don't think it got utilised much.

Effectively you are asking for 27 raids plus an additional extremely hard raid, they are currently giving us an expansion with just 9 raids I can't see us ever getting anywhere near that many, I think we will be lucky if we ever get up in double figures again.

I'd rather they retuned the events after 6 - 9 months (T2 at 6 & T3 at 9), this would also help with the summer low allowing guilds to continue beating the events with less players while opening the events up to less accomplished guilds.
  5. Rafather Augur

RoI only final raid sounds like a great idea. (I don't think you realize that only RoI was capable of beating the pre-nerf PoW. No matter what other guilds claim, there was nobody else even close or capable of beating the raid. The same goes for today)
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Raids that are intentionally designed to have guilds sit people or split raid are not a good idea.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep and the level increase didn't do a lot to make it any easier for the rest of us :p

Big difference in having a full raid of 54 with all toys and 100% committed to banging heads on something for hours.

Hats off to you guys, you are awesome. :)