New Raid Concepts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurmoon, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Gumlakx Augur

GANGNAM STYLE
  2. Battleaxe Augur

(This is going to sound a lot like original ToV)

A full raid day dungeon crawl. Encounters spread out within the dungeon. Not a vending machine/stick a dollar in it/pull the handle and viola - yer practically standing at a boss mob encounter. Random and mini-boss rewards. An adventure, not just a fight.

Extremely well designed base pop. Examples:
    A Dragon's Lair - whomever the Matriarch, eggs, dragonets, officials, guards, Cave Spiders and other vermin.
    Great Underground Empire - Orc King, Orc Champion, Orc X, Y, Z ...

with the abilites of one NPC class having synergy with another NPC class. One debuffs poison resistance/another has a poison targeted AE. Kill NPC healers first else they'll heal NPC fighters. Etc.

Basically I'd like to see a big zone experience something like PoFear/PoHate. Is this a new concept? Nope it's just a classic one.

.(I'm a little weary of saying Go, tanking Bowser in his various costumes, running to points A, B, C, and D to avoid the fireballs if not tanking, and doing a little DPS now and again. I can get a retro console game a heck of a lot cheaper than ~$250/year. An all day adventure/a D&D-like scenario kplsthnx~)
    Viper1 and Taiqwon like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

Mobs that banish a player upon agro and teleport with them to a secure location, forcing a solo engagement. Teleports you back to the main raid area when the mob is killed. Link them by color or something so you can party off and fight all of the "green drakes" at once with a group while another group kills the "red wurms" etc etc etc
  4. Brudal Augur

I remember that mechanic in Somnium Event #6: The Cages of Testing; it was fun until a cleric was banished without a nuke loaded.

Personally, I would like to see a raid version of Daily Task: Heroic adventure; get a quest, do an older raid with friends within the time limit, get a reward.
  5. Esero Elder

Crystallos/Frostcrypt style trash clears that kill monks and bards a lot (rolling boulders are always a plus) lots of door and lots of hp for parse padding.
  6. Diptera Augur

Frenzied research - Library event, where mob demands certain information (e.g. "What is the average lifespan of a cliknar?"), then groundspawn books pop, players need to find the relevant book ("Brignet's Insects of Antonica"), read the book, then /say the correct answer to the mob. Incorrect answers cause the mob to power up.

Jousting - mob can only be damaged by charging at them from a distance (pretty sure this could be achieved using an aura to trigger an effect on player when they are a certain distance away from the mob, then another short-range aura around the mob itself, entering the second aura whilst the first is present damages the mob and cancels the first aura.) Damage based on the speed of the player at time of imact.
  7. Taiqwon Augur

Yeah this sounds great tbh. Zones you have to work through. Maybe you don't need as many boss fights and drop more loot per fight. Or maybe bunches of bosses with less loot but the events aren't super elaborate (other than final) or something? Lots of flexibility there but having to work through the place does sound fun, particularly if the trash have interesting aspects to them such as ability to drop raid coins for everyone, varied immunities, etc.
  8. Triconix Augur

This is pretty similar to Tris Wallow III in DPoB except you had to cure her.
  9. Anastasis Elder

My guild will totally OWN this raid.
  10. Mayfaire Augur

One of my favorite raids ever was Shards Landing (Calling Phantasm). I loved the clues and having to figure out which guildy was the murderer. I would be very pleased to see another one of those. :)
    Nniki likes this.
  11. Jyve Augur

Merc AI on a few (maybe random) npc's that spawn, that know to run away and get help, or stay ranged and pew pew pew. Some mechanics that are brutal in their need to react to changing events of the merc ai being unpredictable, so the 10th time you raid that content it's still risky.
  12. Reval Augur

Make npc's that take to the boards and post to nerf your raid force, and unless you can stop them, you get pvp coding on raids for your whole guild.
  13. segap Augur

Cute the first time. Nothing but annoying every time thereafter. I'd like to get away from all the annoying stuff. Anything that keeps people sitting around doing nothing for extended periods of time or running back and forth for no real good reason. Waiting on scripts or lore to complete, etc. Not fun or exciting.
  14. Crystilla Augur

See and I enjoyed it every single time I did it.
    Nniki and Mayfaire like this.
  15. Roxxanna Augur

/agree with Crystilla.

Thing I like most about that raid is it basically spotlighted a raid member. You got to know them, instead of them being just a face in the background. And when the murderer is a first time raider it was even better.

Things I don't like- in an era of tanks being hit as hard as they are, being forced to stop healing just to run across the room because I'll explode and wipe half the raid.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  16. Mayfaire Augur

I liked it every time I did it, as well. For much the same reason as you, Roxxanna. In addition, it didn't feel so "cookie cutter" and rote after a while as some raids do. Having a different murderer kept it fresh and it was always fun to see which guildy was the murderer.
  17. Vlerg Augur

And I assume your favorite clue was '' the murderer calls antonica is home'' right?

just an inside joke for the old Vox people.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  18. Mayfaire Augur

LOL. Yes, that was always the best clue of all. :D
  19. Nniki Augur

Goblins in Rujarkian LDoN raid(s) ran away to get help. Was kind of annoying lol.
  20. Nniki Augur

I enjoyed this raid a lot too. Definitely more interesting than the usual stuff we get. I always hoped to be picked as the murderer, but it never happened :(.