New Progression Server: Plans to Combat Lack of Instancing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coldsore.Fippy, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Jaxarale01 Augur

@mezrah
    Per your own posts and many others all the problems you are saying GS causes are already problems... /boggle

If x boss is down in 5 seconds of spawn what does it matter if everyone has a fbss and it dies in 4.5 seconds??? Lol I dont get it...

Camps are already over run so GS thinning the heard so others can get in groups is a bad thing?
    An increase in dps means less mobs? There already are camps pulling 3 camps... who cares if a cof lets them pull a 4th?

All i see is casuals can get gear easier and do more difficult content faster as the big picture? Say it isnt so!! Lol
  2. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

The argument of "item rarity" is so stupid in my opinion. When I saw a well geared character in classic, I was impressed and did a lot of zamming to find out what the item was, and where it came from. On progression, I already know that stuff, and I'm not impressed. Everyone knows what's best in slot for pretty much every class, and where it comes from. There's no awe anymore. There's just frustration because of lack of access.
  3. Jaxarale01 Augur

I get it now... its like when my gf was pregnant and i wanted to have sex and she said no... i could get more pregnant?

Something being trivial becoming more trivial is a problem how again?
    Now if your saying GS makes it trivial for more people to do... then I would contend that is a elitist mentality and that goes back to the blackhole of arguments that are bassacwards.
  4. MaestroM Augur

I don't deny that gear makes the game easier. Also, making BIS gear easier to get will reduce the value of non-BIS items (Who would ever camp an FBSS when Cloak of Flames is available?).

I think this trade-off is worth it for two reasons.

First. if implemented, it has potential to reduce raid scene toxicity. In my opinion, systems that have a large potential to reduce raid scene toxicity are worth a VERY hard look because I think its the biggest problem on the server. I prefer a server where non-BIS gear is reduced in value to a server where raiding is impossible.

Second. Gear obsolescence is going to happen anyway. Flowing Black Silk Sash is going to be replaced by Sash of the Dragonborn, RBG, RBB. The fact that FBSS is worth much less relative to Kunark-era equipment is not, in my opinion, a powerful argument against releasing Kunark in the same way dinging level 35 trivializing crushbone is not a powerful argument against allowing people to level past 15.
  5. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Did you actually play on Fippy? Did you spend any time in any of the over crowded zones? If so, it should be obvious that people care when there are fewer mobs to go around. With everyone raid geared, every zone would feel like the newbie zones on Fippy launch day, overcrowded and with the mobs dead a couple of seconds after they spawn. Enjoy!
  6. MaestroM Augur

I guess I'm sympathetic to the trivialization of the game argument. But since I'm not convinced it's not going to happen anyway, I don't see it as a strong argument against a solution that would make end-game content much more accessible.
  7. Jaxarale01 Augur

Again you just repeated that the issue is already an issue... you are arguing the same side of the same coin here. So GS lets disco pull the exit camp in Seb... they are already fighting scarab camp for them anyway... so they take one or two golems more per spawn cycle...?? Somehow that makes it worse so to combat this problem that is already a problem only a few should get gear?
  8. Mezrah Augur

Jax maybe ;-?

You replace the tension of the raiding scene with tension over levelling in massively overcrowded zones. If such a change was made, might as well launch 2 expansions at once to provide enough places for people to hunt in.

Gear obsolescence does indeed happen. As for your haste progression list, I will merely suggest you do some research on the haste belts from Sky. Any increase in spawns in PoS would result in an increase in 41% haste belts, which would have a cascading effect on the other haste items.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I said it compounds the issue massively.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

The change in spawn timers won't happen because it would take developer resources, so this is all just speculation / theory crafting. The proposal would have a massive impact on the game, you seem to believe it would make it better, I think it would make it substantially worse. It would make the game like so many other modern MMO's, challenge free with a big reward for completing some trivial content every few hours.
  11. Aurmoon Augur

The types of people who are able to kill Nagafen are not camping lower guk or sol b. Raid gear goes to raiders, people who are usually done xping and camping group drops. These are the same people who are going to be level 60 a week or two after Kunark comes out, at which point they will be done xping again. Velious they won't need to xp at all, only faction and raid.

So I fail to see the problem why these people having raid gear will influence the group scene.
  12. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Technically, anyone is capable of killing Nagafen, I am only aware of 1 guild that wiped to an uncontested Nagafen on Fippy during the rotation at the end of the classic era. The issue with gear saturation is felt at the start of the next expansion, when all the raid targets are down people go to the best levelling spots. If everyone is raid geared, there are no best levelling spots, every place is like the newbie zones on opening day, everyone is butting heads to get any kills at all. With velious replace the desire to level with the desire to raise faction as fast possible.
  13. Aurmoon Augur

Agreed. I see that. My attempt to address it was the fact that these people will be max level within a couple of weeks. When Kunark lasts 26 weeks, we're talking about 2/26ths of the total expansion. Also, if raid targets are respawning very fast, I guarantee you there will be a subsegment of the power levelers who will be distracted by raid targets in lieu of leveling, therefore clearing up a bit of the crowding issue at xp spots.
  14. taliefer Augur

it was already like this on fippy. it will be like this on the new server regardless of how much raid gear is out there. there could be 0 raid drops on the server, and it would still be like this.
  15. MaestroM Augur

I really think its time for a Dev to come in and guide the discussion a little better. I love talking to you bros but if we're really just wasting time here I can go do something else.
    Coldsore.Fippy likes this.
  16. Jaxarale01 Augur

It compounds it massively? So 100 people waiting at zone already gets massively compounded into 200? Again I ask, so what? Those 100 will never see a group so the next 100 the massive compounding of GS has effectively done what? Thats right its done nothing... black is still black... camps are still camped.../shrug
  17. Mezrah Augur

If they were raiders, they were all level 60 within a week.

It does not clear up much space, the hard core raiders only make up a small proportion of the total player base, but yet it would keep them distracted.
  18. Jaxarale01 Augur

I would contend that GS would allow people to be more powerful and thereby forgo said over crowded areas all together and use other more dangerous areas to exp in... thus giving more options for the populace.

Thoughts?
  19. Mezrah Augur

In the Kunark era, what more "dangerous" areas are there that were not already crowded? Seb was crowded, chardok was crowded Howling Stones was crowded. Veeshan's peak requires a key, so even with much faster respawns it still takes a little while to get into it. So what options does it give?
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It would be more like 33 people being able to kill as fast 100 could previously...