New Progression Server FAQ and Upcoming Poll Details

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. jagarr Augur

THANK YOU!

a beta and a possibility of kunark at launch?! *swoon*
  2. Shadriel New Member

and how would that not skew results? that pop up vote window is the best advertisement they could possibly get for garnering real interest in this new server - and is your best hope of getting more players coming to the scene. Its a valuable resource for a potential "new" player base to the TLP's. Where as - an MOTD type announcement gets spammed by as a player loads in and they may not ever even know it was there. It doesn't matter how they try to handle the voting - you will always have people voting who didn't really read the options well or don't care what the results are - but thats going to be a minority. That also doesn't mean all of them somehow managed to pick the same option that wasn't what you were voting for yourself. Also, game votes are not all that common - the majority of players do actually read them and tend to take an active interest in its results (notice the mass amounts of postings on the new servers threads).

Honestly, this just sounds like you want to keep us current Live server players in the dark and unaware anything is even happening.
  3. Soltara Augur

We all know this simply wont happen. It is going to turn in a poopsock zergfest from hell. It actually bothers me that this is thought as being realistic without some kind of GM enforcement. The days of the past are long gone and the current community simply wont go for it. While I would be all for a rotation it only takes one guild of bad apples (bad poopsock apples) to ruin it for everyone, with little to no recourse.

Its a shame we cant have an instanced VP, NToV and VT so theres a light at the end of the tunnel. :(

The rest of it is pretty awesome though and I look forward to the beta.
  4. Shadriel New Member

Harm Touch only recently became an AA - it was an innate combat ability all shadow knights had from level 1. I don't think that change is more than 5 years old, but I don't recall for certain just when it was made. I think Lay Hands was also an innate Pali ability, and was changed to an AA about the same time.

Also, just a thought - I'd personally rather have to shift thru 3 instances of a zone, than just be denied entry period due to player overload. But if others share that concern, well - who says commonlands MUST be the pre-bazaar trade zone? I'm sure a different place could be picked hehe. Besides - they haven't said anything about not having chat channels - if those stay live on the new server, why not have a trade channel? =)
  5. BrandonB New Member

I understand what you were talking about- It took me months to finally see Magi P'Tasa up in Hate to get to him before the farmers and luckily he had the staff. My point is, if this is going to be a progression server that people want to be as classic as possible, why change the way these epic drop mobs act or spawn to accommodate people complaining about how long it takes to get their epic? (Phinny, Fear, Ptasa, etc)
  6. BrandonB New Member

Things are going to be camped to the gills... people are going to have to wait for items because of spawn timers...this is Everquest, not easy button WoW... delayed gratification is part of the charm...if people come onto this server assuming they will get everything they want WHEN they want it they shouldnt bother joining
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. BrandonB New Member

I really hope this server attracts older players who appreciate the time it takes to develop and gear a class and not the WOW generation of the entitled who want everything easy
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. BrandonB New Member

People who want PVP are like 1% of the community....sorry but true
  9. Stehlik Augur

There is a distinct lack of a server name that MUST BE HAD

Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Alternate name: Lord Bob
    Maxe, Soltara and Cyliena like this.
  10. Shadriel New Member

You covered my own concerns and questions on this topic exactly - I would also like to know what will be done for this? We all know that with no consequences for bad behavior - that 1 cutthroat guild will be backstabbing and murdering its way thru every one else. Its just not feasible to expect the current community to "develop a schedule" like the original one. The original community had a legion of GM's that actually policed player activity - forcing that type to shape up or get out - this does not exist now.

My #1 reason for being so thrilled about this server is the chance to see the old raid content in its full glory. If I can't get to any of it simply because the devs made no changes to alleviate this issue - then I will feel very cheated indeed - this would completely ruin the entire experience.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Cyliena New Member

I know this might be considered too OP, but will /gems be available at server launch? :D
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. rune00 Augur

isn't that just going to encourage people to use third party tools to click them?
    I think you should reconsider that one...

When players want a feature, they usually find a way to get that feature...
    Over all the years I played, in the beginning there was no map, so players used third party maps..
    there was no tradeskill UI, so players used xxx...
    I could go on, but everyone here gets my point...
  13. Zoggzog Elder

I'm glad we were finally given some solid answers to the questions we've been asking. Kudos to the devs for rounding them up and getting them all in one fell swoop. Unfortunately, this doesn't sound like a server I'm going to be interested in spending money on, but it does sound like they have some great ideas for the future(tm). So, I'll just wait and see what Quarm turns out to be and what the next server they launch with all these great ideas is.

See you space cowboy...
  14. Tachyon Augur

I love it! I think you all have done a great job of balancing a lot of tough choices. Thank you!!

One question I have, at what point will Plane of Mischief revert to the current version?

I ask because I'm a huge fan of PoM 1.0 back in the day and on the Macintosh server. Unfortunately, during both previous progression runs it didn't really last that long, only a few months from what I remember.

One idea, consider leaving PoM 1.0 in permanently. To me it's in line with the Plane of Sky and Growth, revamps aren't really necessary. You could bump up Bristlebane at some point, but keep the rest of the zone as is from day one.

It was an awesome zone to group in from the late 40's to the 60's, but once the revamp hits, the mobs hit at Planes level, and the rewards in the Planes are much better, so the whole place becomes a ghost town. Keep it as is and it will be a place for latecomers to the new server to adventure in months, and years, down the line much like people still go to Sky these days.
  15. Azzudien Augur

Great job on setting up the server, and I look forward to the beta and the votes.

One the Beta rewards, I like the bag idea.
    A name prefix or suffix would be nice reward.
    "The Original (insert name here)"
    "(insert name here) First Born"

To the the devs, don't listen to the negativity some spread because the didn't or won't get their piece of candy when server opens. I think you are doing a great job in making happy the majority
  16. Xilbus Journeyman

If this doesn't happen, are there any contingency plans?
    Fallfyres and Maxe like this.
  17. Pendaian New Member

As with the majority of players I am looking forward to this, and it can't start to soon. I do have a few questions which are possible basic, but as no one else appears to have asked them, here I go.

1. Will there be a European Server? I don't use the current one, as I play on Bertoxxulous, but as good as the guild I am a member of is the majority are USA players and the time difference is a pain.

2. It may be obvious, but just in case, I assume we will be going back to the earlier new player starter zones dependant on race etc? As much as starting in CR brings all the newbies together, starting with the old origin areas will add to this idea.

Count me in for the Beta!
  18. Stageguy Lorekeeper

Thank you for including the public on these decisions instead of just handing over a new server with "you get what you get" attitude. I have a couple of small things that could be introduced from the beginning that are in game now but were not in the original expansions.

An item that is a clickie run 3 like we now get in the tutorial would be very nice as a noob quest in all starting cities. It does not seem to throw the game out of balance when any class can just shout for a SoW or use potions.

I would really like to see a corpse summoner and resurrection NPC in the starting cities as well like we have in the guild lobby.

And what about boats like in OOT? Can we please continue to have the magi at least for the oceans? The boats were always glitchy and extremely time consuming.
  19. Bandok Augur

Crescent Reach won't be available until TSS, which is years away on this server. It'll be original race-based newbie zones for a long time.
  20. Bandok Augur

I would expect that we'll have the Translocators. I started on Fippy during classic (but not at launch), and they were always there. I'm pretty sure they are a permanent fixture, as the boats have been broken for a long long time.