New player? I had old account from 99 it’s gone now

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kardrum, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Kardrum New Member

Hey guys looking to return I had a very old account unfortunately over years it has been lost I suppose
    Looking to join back up not to sure where to start now a days ? Witch server is everyone playing on?
    Don’t wanna join a server going be dead in few months.. should I do locked servers? Live servers?
    Is there anywhere I can look see how far progression servers are in? If it’s live servers looking to join one
    That’s really populated looking to make new friends and enjoy EQ all over again but not trying do it solo!
    Any information is appreciated for a old timer looking to start new .
  2. quakedragon Augur

I don't believe there will be a live server thats really populated. People may point you to the most populated one, however it isn't really populated in terms of returning and newplayers.

The TLP servers they tend to die out after a couple months like you mentioned.

The live server's problem is that there is no around 1 - 100. If they are around, theres too many options between 35 - 100. EQ should make a TSS like expansion, 3 best zones to 110. ex. 15 - 50, 45 - 80, 75 - 110. I see people in BFM usually, but after lvl 20 to 100 its good luck finding anyone moloing too and wouldn't mind grouping up. They all scatter to their favorite zones. HoT has some people too, its because of the heroic.
    Its been 15 years since we had a catchup expansion.
    It was 7 years since launch, when they made a catchup expansion, TSS.
    Its been two times the amount of years, and there has not been a catchup expansion, they really need to make a catchup expansion, 75 to 115 is no joke, it takes for returning players a LONG time to reach 115. Pat yourself on the back if you make it to 110.

I would recommend choosing the server you remember IF you remember some friends back then, maybe they play the game today. I'd buy a heroic if you plan on moloing.

People may tell you to get a box, so be prepared for that. It will be tough moloing at lvl 91.
    Don't expect groups till 110. Yes it is a long long grind.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you try to recover your old account?

You may need to create a new free account to file a ticket but this link is where you go and you may also need to go to the bottom where it says "this did not work"
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-

Its usually a good idea to make a level one on any NON TLP and run thru the tutorial cause so much has changed. That will give you an idea if you want to pay to play on TLP or just kick around on the free account until you want to subscribe for the benefits.

And you can do this on different servers so you get an idea of which might be best for you. Most servers have busy times during the day or even busy days during the week so which server is good for you depends on that. Tunare has friendly and helpful players, Xegony has some also, folks like FV for some reason. Check out the guild section in these forums.

There are many things in the game to help you level super fast now. Gone are the days of it taking a month or longer. Exp is fast and plat drops a lot. Players can get to higher levels easily by buying a level 85 heroic character or just spend a week or two getting to that level thru daily hot zone bonus exp.

Not everyone is at max level. Many of my characters are around level 100 and under and have been for a long long time. I have a blast doing quests and achievements and helping others in the game.

Then there is also the test server which will allow you a lot of freedom and seems to have a lot of helpful players. Google test server in eq to find out more about that or use the forum search up in the right.

WB!
  4. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

I usually play on Cazic or FV from time to time. What time zone ya in Kardrum?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

My guild on Mischief isn't planning on hopping to the next TLP. We raid Tue-Thu-Sat starting 10pm EST USTZ. Membership is not dependent on raiding. There are several other big guilds on the server too, but I can't speak for them, if they plan on sticking with it past PoP. But you're more than welcome to check us out.
  6. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Definitely try and recover your old account. Provided you know the name of your old email address or account name or if you paid by an old credit card and you still have it, etc., they will do what they can to recover it for you. You may still have some characters on it. I am not sure how it works, maybe they have to be a certain level to still be there or just luck. Regardless if you can get your old account back, you can at least become a Silver member and then you have a few extra things that a new free player would not. I think a couple more character slots and maybe a few helpful goodies.