New player here, late to the game.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Indirion, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Indirion New Member

I wanted to play EQ when it first out. However, my buddies and I were already playing Ultima Online and Asheron's Call and I never really got a chance to try it out. So, right now, I'm downloading the EQ client. I don't know a thing about the game and I understand the the UI and graphics may be a bit dated, but I don't care about that. I was hoping that someone could tell me what the roleplaying server is? I live on the East Coast, U.S. so I'm hoping to find an RP server in that time zone. Also, don't be surprised if you see me posting some questions here. I'm sure I'll have lots, once I'm in the game.
  2. Tharrg Augur

Well Firiona vie is the only rpm server but not many people I know rp. If you haven't click on my link and that gives nice boost. I would be as question oriented as you can be ....never feel a question is dumb. And welcome to eq
  3. Dunek of AB New Member

The Rp server is Firiona vie. Not sure what the rule differences are or if it is still very RP but that is its allocation.

http://www.paullynch.org/tnzfaq/?page_id=372

Better idea would be probably to find some RP guilds and see what servers they are on.
  4. Crystilla Augur

FV (as Tharrg mentioned) is the roleplaying server. There are guilds there but you may have to ask in channels as roleplaying is something that is a bit less popular for the last few years. Otherwise, on the Erollisi Marr server is a guild called "Sigils" and they roleplay and welcome new members.
  5. Indirion New Member

Thanks for the information everyone! I actually don't roleplay much, but I love roleplay servers because they seem to enforce good naming conventions. I can't stand playing a fantasy MMO with characters called "Butts McCrack" or "xxPheermexx" or the like running around. Anyway, again, thanks for the info!