New Patch Notes are up, no pet aggro and Root changes after all?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Badger Lord, Dec 9, 2015.

1. The Badger Lord Augur

It appears they are not implementing the big changes people recently discussed

Changes to pet agro: mobs hitting pets even if a player is within range, pets causing agro to go to players on raids, as well as the root changes.

Can anyone confirm this?
  2. The Badger Lord Augur

NM it was under NPCs, looks they are in after all. If this launch doesn't go smoothly, its on daybreak for making game changing mechanics with a few days of testing., no excuses man.
  3. -wycca Augur

From what I've read about the newest live expansion, I expect this forum to be hopping.
  4. Ducreux Augur

[IMG]
    Zublak, Korillo, Works and 1 other person like this.
  5. Setver New Member

VERY happy the gamma got fixed. When loading up EQ again that was one of two things that immediately made me laugh at how old the game was. The other is, the insanely loud loading screen. I really like the in game music, but the initial sounds are so loud that if you have them at any reasonable level inside of the game, you'll be deaf and unable to enjoy them.
  6. Works Elder

Oh man, I still wasn't even 100% sure that's what was happening but boy am I glad it's going to stop. That was incredibly annoying.

Edit: it looks like I'm saying I think Rocky and Apollo are annoying. This is not the case. Both those guys are awesome, for the record.

I could be wrong but i don't believe the changes to Root or Pet aggro are going to the ones that start fires. It's the actual instancing and True Box code (whatever the hell that is) that I'm worried about.

To be fair, I assume they do have a non-public test server they can throw up for internal testing but as someone who does internal testing...it's never enough.
  7. Numiko Augur

Going to be interesting to see how far they have nurfed the "pre luclin" pets
  8. taliefer Augur

im curious to see the whole pets being able to tank with PCs in melee range thing. its such a huge change to EQ.

it really makes me wish i could play a beastlord on this server, that class was obviously designed for the pet to tank for the beastlord, but never could due to game mechanics.
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

I used to log in just so EQ could crack my maximum gamma. Ugh by far the most depressing change in recent EQ history for me. Now I gotta find a program that makes my screen as bright as EQ used too.

Sad face.
  10. Ducreux Augur

That's how my old monitor was, but recently I have had the issue where I either leave EQ running to maintain my "normal" gamma or close it and have both monitors gamma drop way below what I have in my settings. Fixing it isn't difficult but opening up the nvidia control panel and tapping the sliders +1 and -1 on each display just to reset it was an annoyance.
  11. Weverley Augur

Gonna log on lockjaw while i wait for phinny to see how it is for me.
  12. Weverley Augur

Oh yeah quite a big difference but i can live with it.