new Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle in the Marketplace this month

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Jun 8, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Please post what one it is asap!!!!
  2. Hekaton Augur

Probably rain of fear if they’re going in order
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I'm hoping for Kunark.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is probably Underfoot.

Also, I think they need a free content or summer appreciation bonus to counter the attention that Runescape Mobile will draw on July 17.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That is the one I am hoping for so I can complete that stupid "you must own the rain of fear collectors edition to complete this" collect.
    Angahran, Barraind, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

As of now there's nothing new for past expansions in the Marketplace on Test so they are either waiting until next week to add it with the Live patch or it's just referring to House Of Thule & VOA which are both too expensive especially VOA. at $80.
  7. Captain Video Augur

I believe the Marketplace on Test is always the same as Live... so we won't know until they either post a news article with more details, or the next patch goes live. When I first read the patch notes, I thought it was going to be a hodgepodge of items taken from multiple old Collector's Editions, but I'm not sure. The use of the word "bundle" made me think that.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If they had put up the CE at the 50% discount price or less I might have been tempted.
    Never bought a CE yet since they never seemed like good enough VFM to me.
    The Pre-order bonuses on some past expansions were pretty nice though, would be cool to get those as standalone items on the Marketplace.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Currently you have

House of Thule Collector's Edition Revival for $39.99 - actual cash purchase, you get rerouted to a different page to make the purchase.

Veil of Alaris Collector's Edition Items for 7999 - DB currency. A bit costly unless you have a bunch of banked DB cash.

See what pops up next week I guess
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

I'm super excited to find out!
  11. Hekaton Augur

I wasn’t aware of underfoot having a collectors edition. I thought that stuff started with house of Thule
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It could be whatever was included as the in-game claim of the retail Underfoot boxed edition. It could even be previous boxed edition in-game claims (up to Underfoot) lumped into a bundle. I also think Steam offered a promo at around the time of Underfoot (e.g. Merc Writ, Bayle Marks). Thought Mark of Brell came standard but you never know.
  13. Hekaton Augur

you're kinda grasping at this underfoot thing lol. there is not alot of meat there for the $89 they'll likely want to charge. With rain of fear you get a house though and people might see the value there.

they probably said underfoot had to be active because thats when the achivement system dropped into place
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Not really. No one said it would cost $89. It could be a $35 bundle of every boxed edition in-game claim from Gates of Discord (Taelosian Metamorphic Totem) to Underfoot (Mark of Brell). Or, it could just be the return of the Underfoot Steam promo bundle. It might not be the thing you want to hear but I am outlining the possibility/feasibility since you inquired. (I am neutral to the outcome).
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

weird. I read that as each expansions bonus stuff will be availible as TLP move thru xpacs.
  16. Hekaton Augur

they could have done that with the past 2 editions bundles but they didn't
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So? They may have done it now. That way, no one can ask for any in-game claim between Gates of Discord and Underfoot (inclusive of Prophecy of Ro, Secrets of Faydwer, etc). Or, could just be the Underfoot Steam promo rereleased.

Again, we won't know until it comes out on the marketplace. But the Test Patch notes mentions at least Underfoot unlocked.

I am only responding because you inquired into my position. Otherwise, every single post is speculation and wishing.

Edit: At least my speculation will soften the mental blow. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
  18. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

EOK please I want that FM port
    Kijari likes this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't see a new pack but I do see that there is a timer on the VoA Pack in the shop that coincides with the limited time period in the patch notes. Guessing that they meant the VoA pack would be leaving the shop?
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, I do not see it either so I assume it will pop into the game in about 15 minutes. They like to do stuff like that around noon. But it could be they forgot all together.

Per patch it is supposed to be here today
    - Check out the new Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle in the Marketplace this month from June 16 to June 30! Available on servers with Underfoot unlocked. Individual items are available while the expansion they originally came with is active.

And the VOA countdown is 2 weeks left to purchase which is the limited time mentioned above. So I think they crossed their wires