New Normal?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Jan 21, 2016.

1. fransisco Augur

Looking at the current disaster the last patch was makes me wonder.

I suspect the live game/current expansion is still so horrible becaues daybreak will only give eq1 a certain amount of time and resources. I don't think its the devs fault at all.

It seems that the amount of dev time/resources seems to be MUCH smaller than it was when SoE was running the show. The expansion was a disaster. Its been well over 2 months, and its garbage. I suspect the issue isn't the devs. Its that daybreak doesn't care.
    No company that gave 2 cents would let a product continue in this state for so long (most wouldn't have released it).
    Faana likes this.
  2. Tyraxor Augur

You can't know as player what the reasons are, it's easy to blame CN & the takeover but a successful company isn't sold in the first place.
    Things already went downhill FAST before CN took over, Cotf and TDS weren't such a disaster with bugs but it already was a major content, nerfs & weird changes, and just overall quality of the Eq game disaster.
    Faana likes this.
  3. Zehn Lorekeeper

Really? You know this how? I bet you're right though. Everyone at DBG could care less about the little things like their mortgage, food, and basic stuff like that. They just want to close up shop and become more of the homeless in the San Diego area. Thanks for calling them out on it, hopefully they will stop being intentionally destructive, and start caring again.
  4. fransisco Augur

Implicit in my theory was that daybreak is directing its resources towards other games. Daybreak is in the process of making money. No surprise, most companies are. They will spend their resources in ways they see to maximize profit.

I'm just pointing out that its possible daybreak doesn't see spending the necessary resources on this game as a good investment.

Of course, perhaps I erred in how I phrased things. Many posters on this board are only interested in saying someone else is wrong and they are right.
    Faana likes this.
  5. setdarkness New Member

If they elect to relocate the 5th-grade intern responsible for this patch's pet aggro changes to one of those other profit centers, god help them.
    McDougal and Ratbo Peep like this.
  6. McDougal Augur

:) Yes that one was totally bizarre. Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and wonder, what were they thinking. The consequences are many.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Mass firing most of the staff and replacing them with....basically no one? tends to have poor results on product quality. Though TBM seems to be a new low - months later simply to fix hundreds of items? Lol

Most of us left seem to just be happy our Beta Max player can still play a few tapes from the libary ;).
    Faana likes this.
  8. Faana Augur

You're all going to get suspended. IBTL
  9. setdarkness New Member

Assuming you're correct, perhaps we can request the attentive persons responsible for overseeing forum etiquette be transfered to supervise Test Server feedback.
    Faana likes this.
  10. Iila Augur