New Lvl 85 Heroic Enchanter Charming and Solo'ing

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Antimode, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Antimode New Member

I am a newly minted Heroic Enchanter need some help. Where are some good places to solo at lvl 85? Also, where should I be reverse charming for the best experience with the least danger? I prefer to solo charm if possible because I don't get into many groups. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Random_Enchanter Augur

you should be looking to kill the highest level mobs preferably in a hotzone or anyplace were you will know for fact that the mob you are attempting to charm is charmable by your current charm spell and you can pull a equil con mob or a slightly higher one to kill with the charmed pet.

Best experiance with the least danger from charming is by any Zone line.
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

While I don't know the answer to your question, I will offer you some advice:

While I have no doubt it's tough to form a group, and given the time it takes to do so, if you were to sit around while forming, soloing is much faster. That said, aside from children and idiots, people will be understanding of a level 85 in green Heroic gear not knowing how to play well. When you get to 100, there's a greater risk of ending up on someone's "do not group list" because you don't know how to play in a group.

My suggestion is to not stop LFG/LFM while you're soloing, and group at every opportunity regardless of XP or loot just to get as much practice in as possible.

You may also want to use /lfguild to find a guild that is active and groups at your level, and even consider making level 1s to use /lfguild on other servers, as the right guild makes all the difference in this game.

Good luck!
  4. Antimode New Member

Thanks Random and Quest for the advice. The Eternal Darkness guild on the Rathe server has been very patient with me in trying to get this Enchanter up and running. I do group a couple nights a week, so I do get some exposure to the group setting. A lot of times I am waiting to see if a group will form up. During this down time I am just trying to be productive and atleast get some experience.

What is the best way to solo for experience? Is it regular charming? Reverse charming? Or is there another option? Do you all reccommend that I learn how to regular charm before I learn how to reverse charm? Also, if your not able to get a group how do you solo dailies? What is your favorite method to kill the mobs that are required for that daily? Sorry for all the questions.
  5. Random_Enchanter Augur

soloing for exp as an enchanter falls under ~5 different catagorys (in my view)
    sustained Charm soloing - use of a charmed pet and healer merc. merc keeps pet alive, you have mana to nuke or learn the chanter spells and basicaly learn with very little risk. Results are stedy and slow with little to no risk. I have use this method to solo most of the first task in POWar's mines

burn charm soloing - same as sustained but uses a wiz merc instead. Aims to burn down a mob or two in the HP bar of the charmed pet then kill the charmed pet, rinse repet. Results in fairly fast exp with a higher factor of risk than sustained. This method is very nice and can defently be used when familiar with the spells (i think its the most used?).

Reverse charm soloing - uses a charmed pet only no mercs. Takes a charmed pet and "kills" the charmed pet with a normal mob. Mezzing the normal mob when pet is <5% breaking charm and killing the old pet. rinse repet. Results in very nice, very fast exp with higher risk, but you get 100% of the exp, no splitting with a merc or pet.

Gravity well - use of the gravity well spell (compelling lurch?) and a wiz merc on mobs that DO NOT summon. in short, merc on burn draws and keeps argo, you use the G-well to keep the mob teathered to you, merc proceededs to do what wizzy mercs do best, blow stuff up with no regard to there hp or mp. can not stress the importantce of mobs not summoning here. this is a very nice tactic if you can time the G-well nicely. exp is nice as your merc is doing all the work (or most of it) but a bit tricky to pull off.

Punt'n'nuke - use of Nukes and punt (biguiler's directed baninshment) on mobs that DO NOT summon. punt mob, cast nukes until punt root is gone re-punt. slow as heck but very interesting, could also be done with a wiz merc to speed things up.
  6. silku Augur

Look me up no the Rathe if ya need anything. I seem to remember being in Toskarik at mid 80s, not sure. I also did some time in Katta Castrum (charm a snake and go after elementals, they rip them apart) but I think that was closer to 80. At somewhere close to 90 I went to Sanctus Somnium, lots of dual wielding mobs in there, very good times. At 92 ish I think? Farmers in Valley.
  7. Jordis Augur

[/quote]

Over the last thirteen years, including last year when I came back after a two-year break, I have found that grouping is much faster, and to my way of thinking a lot more fun. Since the Luclin era I've had several bets with "charm-solo" enchanters and beaten every one of them with less play time and usually made new friends and contacts while doing so. That includes coming back after a two-year break last April at 92 and leveling up to 100 and gaining 1000 aa in three weeks of grouping. Raid enchanters appear to be at a premium and if that is where you want to be you'll need group experience and an understanding of how the various classes interact and what spells need to be used that will stack or enhance performance.

That isn't to say that I can't charm, or don't, but I love the challenge of team-working and helping make a group better. To get a group go to the hot zone (or any popular zone of your level) and /ooc that you're LFG. Put LFG up or use the LFG filter to let people know more about what you're looking for. Groups doing daily tasks from PoK are usually good about picking up single players and often move on to other things. Or if you announce that you're lfg and you see others are, just start up a group, with three people it's usually easier to get more, or you can use mercs to fill in the gaps.

If you're using mercs your role is even more important because you can help keep the aggro on the tank merc, or the cleric merc from as much damage, make the caster do more damage (particularly at higher levels) and the dps melee faster.