New Live Parse Mob

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nekk, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Nekk Augur

Is it possible to make a new live parse mob in some regular zone that doesn't attack back like the one in Ak'Anon, but with even more hp? The current one doesn't have enough hp anymore to make a reasonable parse.

If so, can we get it made soon, say like next patch or two at the latest if there are enough resources to do that? I'd even take it within the next 3 patches or sooner if possible.

A new current parse mob would need a billion or billions of hp to keep from having to make more new ones for awhile. You don't need to actually kill the mob to get a decent parse from it, just either turn off logs or zone when you're done parsing.

I would love to have something with a huge amount of hp on live so i can parse new spell sets on live and everyone else can test their new spells/discs as well - Without having an inflated parse from permanent burns or having to click stuff off mid parse. It can be very difficult to click off all the different burns when they would normally wear off.

I know you devs like the game to be difficult, but I think simplicity when parsing is best so that you can learn to do that difficult grind. It's hard to learn when it's hard to start and you can't get accurate parses on live.

Again the point of this post was to please make a new mob on live as soon as possible where we can parse on it without it dying too fast with today's and maybe even future standard dps levels.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Kolani Augur

Are you familiar with the training dummies that can be placed in the guild hall? They can handle two 110 rangers headshotting them for 10+ minutes and you can test with short term buffs up for extended durations.
  3. Windance Augur

I'm sure he is aware of the parse dummy. Buffs and burns don't time out in guild hall so your parses are not truly in line with actual DPS.
  4. Brohg Augur

The workaround is to /testcopy. Combat dummies are spawnable in The Arena zone on Test server, where everything counts down normally
  5. Nekk Augur

I thought that buffs didn't count down in the arena on test. Haven't been on there in a while but I will try that option and see what happens. Thanks.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The problem is you can't use debuffs from other characters on test dummies.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Sancus Augur

That and their defensive stats don't model real mobs very well. It'd be great if they inherited some of the functionality from the GGH dummies like level adjustment and proper AC adjustment that gives actual values.
    Brohg likes this.
  8. Laronk Augur

I wish the game had a built in parser so that people who don't parse and who perform poorly could see how poorly they perform so they can then ask questions from the people who out perform them
  9. Daedly Augur

I just wish the game could do simulations based off your gear and stats that would give total numbers, reducing the need spend time doing test parses.

My thinking could be off, but it is essentially all just math isn't it? If so why should we have to spend hours to figure things out that I believe should be freely available information.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

That's why gamparse lets you export the data to your clipboard so you can post it in guildchat and publicly shame them.
    Daedly likes this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur