New Idea - Raid Rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Colleptic, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Colleptic New Member

Hey questers,

I am not sure where to post this, I could not find a ideas discussion forum.

I was thinking, while our guild was wasting time waiting on someone to run a flag to the next raid zone, what if...when you clear a raid zone, loot the bosses head, and place it in your guild, right clicking the head will give you the option to port into that raid zone's entrance?

It is a reward yes, but it would also make those heads much more important for raid guilds logistically .In a guild such as ours, we only have 3 hours to raid, and we only raid twice a week, so we waste lots of game time/playtime running flags, which sucks.

Thoughts?
  2. Edrick Augur

This is what the guild banner is for.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

We have banners. Teach people to run faster.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Consider a no-banner night, to teach people how to get there. Anyone late to event start gets some sorta penalty cause they're too lazy to move from guild hall.
  5. Cicelee Augur

What is funny is that Firiona Vie, the raid NPC giver for all TDS raids, is literally a 5 second run through zero KOS mobs upon zoning into Tempest Temple.

And yeyet some are unable to run five seconds with nothing around to kill you...
  6. SaderakhBertox Augur

In a previous life, I was unsatisfied with a few members' ability to reach raid targets, so I made a really long list of the Expansion (Tier) / Zone / NPC name / phrase and posted it in the guilds' forums. I guess not all guilds will have their own forums though.

At the start of each raid night, you could do your first set of buffs at the target at a specific time. Be there, or be without. Eventually, you will have started your raid night at every target that you do.

The least likely is that some people take their own play time to go find them and be prepared in advance. You can ask though.
  7. Silv Augur

These are pretty obvious reasons as to why we don't need developer time wasted on implementing something like this. To reinforce the already trivial nature of game travel:

1. Guild banner. Only requires 12 people to know anything and pretty much made 90% of raiders 100% more lazy. This was great for smokers or those who needed to eat a sandwich that couldn't nuke with one hand. However, it reduced most of the challenge of raiding because we know more people would die running than they do in the actual raid.

2. Teleport/Teleport to bind. Outside of TDS, most expansions had ports within 30 seconds and/or 1 zone line from the raid giver NPC. For those places that were annoying to get to (e.g. NToV) have a Wizard or Druid use the best AA ever.

3. Double Invis. For any run that actually requires some distance (which almost none do now), you can get there with extreme safety and a miniscule chance of dying.

So... while your (OP) idea is nifty, I'd much prefer some other fun innovation (and not necessarily something that made it "easier/convenient").

We have had people ask to put a banner down outside of FV in Katta to zone into Arx raids before... :confused:
  8. Ravengloome Augur

RUN FASTER

Shame and Punish the slackers

Deguild them if it continues

If you give people an opportunity to be exceptionally lazy, they will be exceptionally lazy.

You could also reward the people that do run, maybe if they get first dibs on loot, the slackers will start not being slackers.

Carrot and Stick works.
  9. Makavien Augur

I think this is actually a good idea and all you guys that shoot things down like you just did is part of the reason we never get any thing cool in this game .
  10. Silv Augur

And all you people who support things like this are the reason we never get anything useful.
    Edrick and Ravengloome like this.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Its not his fault Silv, he plays on FV they all have an entitlement complex.
  12. Makavien Augur

Yeah thats why I suggested the aggro meter and many other things in the game now because I have an entitlement mentality. Like the enchanter boosts that made them more useful .

Also if you never used the portrait to port to plane of shadow and said wow that is a nifty Item in the game I am not sure how to speak to you about any idea that could be great for this game.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

I'm glad you were solely responsible for improving my class and making me useful. Thank you!

And you mean an item that lets you get to a zone that is 30 seconds away using the guild teleport. Yep, that made me say WOW that is a complete waste of an item.
  14. Makavien Augur

lol I do understand that part i usually bind in the areas we goto a lot like shards cotf at the portals but just because it is not 100 % useful for me doesn't mean its completely terrible for the game.

And I never said solely .
    Lisandra and Silv like this.
  15. Stubar Augur

^^
    This, and if you have apps, make them run there so full members don't have to.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  16. Weebaaa Augur

What is this portrait that ports to Plane of Shadows?
  17. Vlerg Augur

if this was veil of alaris with raid givers in differents zones, far from eachother i'd say yes...

but in TDS and CoTF? how lazy can your raiders be?
  18. Pwnography Augur

Anyone not in in loot should be moving to the next raid target, no exceptions. Not just twelve. Not just probies. Everyone. Some guilds strictly institute a 'no waiting or afking in guild hall between events' rule. In that case, you move to the next target and then step away. I fully support it. Others require any and all benched players to be moving to the next target so a banner can be placed as well. That seems like a very small thing to ask when you're getting full dkp to sit around.

What I'm getting at is that no guild should have these issues. Its a cultural issue that needs to be corrected. The idea would be novel and maybe even useful four years ago. Now? Everything in RoF and beyond takes less than a minute, depending on zone time, to get to the next target regardless of location. This idea is a half-decade too late. Sony has decided they love gigantic hubs that take away almost all travel time entirely. I would have supported this when it had a use. Unfortunately, it doesn't anymore.
  19. Edrick Augur

It is a Refer a Friend reward. I'm not sure how many RAFs you need to get one.
  20. Colleptic New Member

So...

Argument points: Guild Flags do this, make apps run there, your guild needs to be more hard-core, more rules etc...
    • These are not arguments to not implement this as a reward for raiding, and they are countered by the fact there are many ways to get around already. One poster made a good point that this would have been a good idea when travel was more difficult, but now it is not difficult, so not required. Sure, but this would be a reward for finishing a raid zone. If people are going to raid the same zone every week, over-and-over, what is the big fuss about having the statue/head port there? It is a game after all, and if the point of the end-game (or progression) is to raid something over-and-over, so everyone gets the achievements, gear and rewards, then travel to these places should not be a burden on play time and raid time.
    • Penalize people for not getting there in a specific time frame? Seriously, it is a game...
    • I think some people misinterpreted my post...sort of getting at people I play with are lazy, and do not run anywhere, or should be punished? People I play with are actually very efficient, and I have also raided going back to Eq1, so this definitely is not from a naïve standpoint either.
    Argument point: This idea takes away from more useful ideas from being implemented, or worked on...
    • Ok, this counter argument is valid, due to the fact there are limited programmers working on this game now. Worth taking seriously, and probably the main reason why this would not be implemented, but does not invalidate the idea.
    Thanks for the responses.