New Hot Zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Noticing that FM should be 80, not 85.
  2. Questoften32 Augur

Dunder is great and fun XP is at least passable like what a normal zone once was, but they tend to try to punk you out in there. Making 10 boars spawn in one, and guards turn into infected gards who are like super saiyan versions of themselves...what a pain. Doors magically sealed shut all of a sudden. Got me a bit angry to be honest. All I could think to do was release the jester in response.
  3. segap Augur

Which is why they should have just gotten rid of hotzones. Then people might have actually been compelled to go find a zone on their own instead of complain for two years that they were getting bored playing in the same few zones over and over again.
  4. Rogero Journeyman

I hate the change -- don't understand it -- right now, me and all my friends seem to have different ones -- unsure why that is, and I probably won't find out since I am not doing them anymore.

Since the change, I see lowered overall zone exp -- the task itself seems to reward okay. The problem is time, travel, and people scarfing a finite type of mob. I don't want to waste my "daily" time like this. I need to be able to get there faster to make it worth my while, so I can then go do the things I really, really like.

This wasn't a change for the better, no matter WHAT anyone preferred. I wish it would be changed back, and three rotating augs per zone used instead. If the present system is kept, either guildhall or Teek should be able to send you to the zone.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

A lot of whining about silly things, and people refusing to give the Dev's more than a couple days to work out bugs.

The issue that I've seen is that a lot of the 80+ level zones are 5 levels lower than they should be for the level range they are given for.
    There are bugs, the HZs are supposed to be the same for 3 months, then change to the next one in the set of 3 at each level range for 3 months, and so on. However, the quests that Franklin Teek is giving out are changing zones every day instead of every 3 months. My guess is that the hot zones are properly staying the same for the whole 3 months, but Franklin Teek is randomly pulling the tasks from each zone (as in he is pulling the same # task for a day but from a random zone in that level's cycle for each person, he is randomly picking any task from any of the zones for that level's cycle each day, or he is randomly picking any task from any zone in that level's cycle for each player). I am betting that the hot zone is staying constant and the tasks that are taking place in the off-HZs are the ones that are seeing lower xp values. So the Task xp is fine (since it is not affected by the HZ xp bonus) but the kill xp is bad (because the HZ xp bonus is intended to boost it).
  6. Millianna Augur

The idea of a "Hot Zone," is to speed up the progress of leveling, not slow them down. The community has asked for:

1. Rotation of HZ,
    2. Removal of zones line PoA (PoP),
    3. Update the quest mobs (not enough in zone).

How does a zone like Pillars fit into those request?
  7. Millianna Augur

Picking a mob for the quest were there is very few in zone is not a bug, it is a design choice.
    Rhodz likes this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

^ I found the above in the patch notes from Kethir .. so from my understanding hotzones are working as entended .. each lvl range will have a set of 3 different zones that will randomly rotate and those 3 from each lvl range will rotate every 3 months ... at least thats my understanding of it ..
  9. Gialana Augur

In that sentence, I think the word "rotate" is referring to the "three possible zones" in both cases. So my interpretation is there are three possible zone for each level range. One of those three zones will be assigned as the hot zone and will be the hot zone for three months. Then another zone will be assigned, but will still come from the same pool of three zones. Let's take the level 85 hotzone for example. Instead of being stuck with Old Bloodfield for many years, we will instead be stuck randomly rotating between the same three zones for many years--not much better.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Gee it is almost like a special server to test changes is needed and at least deal with the obvious mistakes before making one's self the rightful object of derision for releasing crap.
    They could even call it a Test Server.
    If only there was such server...
  11. Aghinem Augur

Gee, its probably because people use the Test Server to freeload rather than to actually test things; so the devs think to themselves..."why bother?"
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Well to be fare all the servers are free loaders now with FTP model except TLP servers.
    Aghinem likes this.
  13. Aghinem Augur

Really good point. Ultimately - people also need to realize that you only have a small handful of devs now compared to what it was before management did their cuts. To be frank, I am very happy that the dev team decided to do some pioneering to try something different to appease the players. Like anything, there is always room for improvement - but some of these complaints are outright ridiculous.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. SomeEQGuy Elder

That's worse then. If the goal is to help people catch up to the curve (that's why they created the hotzones) why are they doing things to make people not want to use the hotzones?

If you can get the same or more experience from a regular zone in the time it takes to run to and complete the daily task, why bother? In the 17 years they've been doing this they haven't learned that people don't share mobs even when it's in their own best interests yet they are making the daily tasks use uncommon mobs. If you go to do a daily task and there is a full group or someone doesn't want to share, there's going to be a lot of waiting for repops.

If they're going to make it less appealing to use the daily tasks, they should just get rid of them and use the development resources elsewhere.
  15. Malbro Augur

There aren't and never has been. Also no skypriest.
    Arraden likes this.
  16. Millianna Augur

My guess is most of coding was there, they just flipped a switch and never checked anything.
  17. Reso New Member

I have actually stopped playing because of this update. Before you hate on me, let me explain:

I am a very casual player playing on an odd timezone. I dont have alot of time to play and dont have alot of friends on my server nor am i very active in my guild. You could say I'm somewhat of a solo player. I am also a multi-boxer. I box a full group, so from daybreaks perspective, 6 fully-upgraded, active accounts could be seen as a valuable player to their bottom line.

Now, most days I dont have much time. So Teek dailies were my source of quick and dirty exp. On weekends, or days where I had more time I would play more of the game and try all sorts of other things. But to keep my team moving forward that daily source of EXP was key. Because it was fast and easy for me to complete.

Now, with the hot zone updates the zones, as mentioned here, are a PIA to get to. But the biggest issue for a player like me (again i know not everyone has my playstyle), are the fact that the new zones are not bindable. Meaning I cant bind my taxi druid and ferry in my team easily. Not even adjacent zones are bindable. This means it is no longer efficient for me to do these dailies at all. Since this was my core source of EXP, I am now cancelling my accounts. :( Maybe they will change it in the future, in which case I would likely come back. I do love the game, but as a working person living abroad, with not alot of free time, I found a way I could still enjoy the game and progress. That has been removed.

So in short: Make all hotzones bindable, I may not be the only multi-boxer who has quit or is considering it because of these changes.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Sounds reasonable to me Reso.
    They always seemed to do things and short on the testing but lately from results they do things and dont even bother to perform testing. Not to mention we have zero idea of the motives for the changes because not one of them communicate in any effective manner.
    Dont get real attached to this game long term, these are not good signs. Oh it will continue but not any form many people would play.
    Understanding DBG is like following the plot of a Ingmar Bergman film with no sound and fuzzy reception.