New Heroic Adventures - Box Team Style?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zaxamaphone, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Zaxamaphone Augur

Hi guys. Now that CotF Adventures/Missions actually give some decent rewards to those that aren't level 100 which ones would be good to run with my box crew that consists of:

100 Bard
    97 Mage
    97 Shaman
    96 (almost 97) Necro

Obviously with this set up I'll be using the Mage pet to tank and one or two healer mercs. Currently I'm able to kill most cotf nameds with this combo.

I'm curious about which missions are more box friendly.. you know.. single pulls, limited crowd control, etc.

Thanks for your help!
  2. Cone head Augur

I like to run through Scouting Ahead myself.

No sound and non eventful, Its my first OBS, Other may suggest into the hills or others.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Cone, you need a little ranger in your life :D
  4. Ravengloome Augur

Gribble gives the quickest/easiest no brainer HA's. Scouting Ahead is the best IMO , 15 to 25 minutes if ya got ample DPS, can basically run through em in yer sleep if yer so inclined. As an FYI the version with the Mosquitos is the easiest. The Mosquitos are low aggro radii and do about 30 to 40% less DPS then the Vegerogs.
  5. drkoli Augur

I like to do disrupting the ritual sometimes to get a change of pace from scouting ahead
  6. Goth Augur

wonder what changes they made to Marks in the patch notes. said something about increasing some. wonder if the happened to decrease some too.
  7. Feradach Augur

Scouting Ahead gives 195 marks now instead of 168 at level 100.
  8. Cone head Augur

Zaxa

If you have yet to do any CotF missions here is the first mission, Into the Hills that will in turn open scouting ahead.

A little more mezzing and break in can be surprising the first time. Very casual play style but with a bard should be fun and easy. Change the pulling to your speed.

9. silku Augur

The New Ethermere ones seem good enough for this as well. (A few of them have some tricky spots, but the very first one isn't bad).
  10. Zaxamaphone Augur

I did Scouting Ahead this morning after doing the first mission yesterday. Scouting Ahead went quicker because I didn't have to do much in the way of pacifying to get single pulls. Really only one or two pulls needed a pacify thrown in. The first mission required significantly more so it took more time.

Scouting Ahead took me a little over 45 minutes the first time through. I expect my times will go down now that I know the steps involved and hopefully can get my 900ms pings figured out (unrelated internet woes).

Thanks for the tips guys.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Also the nice part about Scouting Ahead is: once you know it like the back of your hand you can plan out your synergy/burn abilities.

When me and a monk/bard do them, we plan when we are going to have QT/FE/Epic2.0 going on the bard, and stack our burns in such a way that either of us is always disced in some way. This results in a major increase in our DPS compared to just lacksidasically picking when to use discs/burns.

Also the named in Scouting Ahead has dropped 4 or 5 blood drinker's coating for us in our time doing them. < Granted we ground probably close to 30k marks during that time.
  12. Goth Augur

anyone know how many points Into the Hills is giving now for a lvl 100 group?
  13. Goth Augur